Sunday, 15 January 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness January 2017

Hello everyone

Can you believe it's already time for the first Gifted Gorgeousness post of 2017?  The year is flying by already.

If you don't know about Gifted Gorgeousness please click here to go to Jo's blog and read all about it.  The idea is that participants show off anything and everything to do with gifting!


I have three projects that qualify to show you today.  The first was a gift I received almost a year ago from my birthday twin, Maggee. We discovered that we shared a birthday and exchanged gifts last year. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to start this Maggee but I really love it! I am going to stitch this one in the parlour on a Wednesday with the girls over at Needlecraft Haven.

A Stitcher's Blessing by Erica Michaels
Stitched on 32 count Wolf evenweave by Sew it All
with WDW Eggplant
Started 11 January 2017

Next up is a project you may already have seen on my friend Ingrid's blog here.  This was a gift from Rachel last year and when I saw Ingrid's finish at the start of the month I had to shamelessly copy it, down to the fabric choice! I hope you don't mind Ingrid but they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

January Fairy by Lili of the Valley
Stitched on 16 count Fairy Dust Cloud Blue aida from Sew it All
Started 3 January 2017, finished 6 January 2017

And finally here's my progress on the huge Santa's Midnight Ride which was a Christmas gift from my husband and sons. I've made a start on Santa's face and beard in the centre.

Santa's Midnight Ride by Dimensions
Stitched on 18 count dark blue aida with included threads
Started 27 December 2016

Here's a reminder of how it will look when finished...


If you hop over to Jo's blog you can see links to all the Gifted Gorgeousness stitchers this month!

See you soon

Justine

44 comments:

  1. Lovely projects you are stitching.I am so looking forward to seeing more of your Santa design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute finish and nice progress on the others Justine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Stitcher's Blessing looks like a lovely chart. You have made a great start on Santa too - what a lovely gift from your hubby and boys. A very cute little finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stitching as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sucha great start on Santa's ride, and that little fairy with her fuzzy scarf is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little fairy. Very cute. Gorgeous gifts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I shamelessly copied Ingrid's fabric choice as I loved it so much!

      Delete
  7. What a great variety Justine. The fabric for Santa is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie. Santa is full coverage but I like stitching him on dark blue, it suits the rich colours.

      Delete
  8. Cute fairy - Love the fabric! Can't wait to see more of Santa's Ride.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fairy is adorable. Santa's Ride is a beautiful picture and I am lookig forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice stitching - love the santa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have lots of great stitching on the post. I love that little fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little fairy finish is just too sweet. No wonder that you had to stitch it immediately after seeing Ingrid's finish. Great start on the other two gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely finish. The fairy is just adorbale. Great start on the other 2 gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, that little fairy is so cute!
    Love the Santa, that piece is going to be amazing when it's finished Justine.

    have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work! It's so nice to see how much fun you are having with your gifts, and I think it's great how you started Santa from his face, no him growing will look really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad you've decided to tag along with the fairies, they are all so sweet!
    Great stitching on the other projects too.
    Santa is going to be a stunning piece when done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely gifts , Love the Santa just beautiful .
    Have a lovely week stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, three gorgeous and varied projects to keep you busy! Love the starry fabric for the fairy finish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! Love your fairy. Those are too cute!! Beautiful progress on your other two WIPs. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely progress I adore all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely stitching, the fairy fabric is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have so many cute projects in the works, Justine! That fabric is so perfect for the fairy :) Hope your 2017 is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute fairy! The Santa design will be stunning....looking forward to seeing your progress with it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful work on everything, and that fairy is just too cute! Great choices and I'm sure Ingrid won't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. They are all great gifts, the fairy is just precious. And Santa is going to be amazing, I'm glad he's got a face!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so looking forward to watching your progress on Santa's Midnight ride. What a wonderful gift. Your fairy fabric is perfect - I would have made the same choices.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all your stitching Justine! Your January Fairy looks wonderful and that fabric is perfect for it. Looking forward to seeing your Santa and the Stitcher's Blessing. Don't think I have ever sen that one before!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That little fairy is so sweet on that pretty blue fabric! And you've made a nice start on Midnight Ride - I can tell it's going to be spectacular. : )

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful stitching! The fairy is so cute and the fabric is absolutely perfect choice. The Santa is just beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many great projects. Lovely progress and that fairy finish is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the little fairy, she´s perfect on the blue starry fabric and the Santa piece is really impressive, a lot of work there.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh! These will all be fun to watch progress. (I fell in love with Ingrid's fairy when I saw it on her blog. It is perfect on that fabric.) Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I realy like the fairy you have stitched and Stitchers Blessing Chart is very sweet and I like the verse too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great projects. Really looking forward to watching Santa develop!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Justine, three great GG projects, a nice mix of Smalls and a BIG! Cant' wait to see them all finished (one day for the HAED!)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful stitching!! Lovely gift from your family! Happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely GG post Justine. You've got some great pieces on the go there.

    I forgot to reply to your last comment on my blog and now I can't find it in my emails so Guardian hasn't been out for a few years. I am hanging my head in shame as I started it in April 2007 so that is probably why you haven't seen it before! It comes out, I stitch a bit, turn tired and it goes away again lol!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi

    Lovely stitching - that Dimensions kit is stunning.

    ReplyDelete