Thursday, 1 December 2016

Gifts from Kim and a couple of "real" finishes

Happy Advent! I can't believe I haven't posted at all in November. Mostly because I have been working on a secret Christmas stitch for someone who reads my blog so I haven't had anything to show.

I had a happy mail day last week! As many of you will know, Kim of Wisdom with Needle and Thread has been celebrating her 60th birthday all year by sending out 60 RAKs to stitching friends all over the world. I was surprised and honoured to be counted amongst her friends and would like to share with you what I received from Kim...


The most beautiful stitched ornament, a gorgeous piece of Moda fabric (hanging at the back), a sweet Mill Hill beaded mitten kit, some DMC and last but not least the card on the left which is a print of a painting done by Kim in oil on porcelain, entitled "Ziva". Isn't she beautiful?

The stitched piece has very special meaning for me and matches perfectly an ornament I purchased from Kim a couple of years ago when she had an etsy shop.  Here they are together...


Thank you Kim for your generous gifts and happy birthday once again!

In the middle of November I met up with the lovely ladies from Needlecraft Haven which inspired me to finish-finish something for the show and tell table! First up was this Durene Jones chart which I stitched in October...


Here's the reverse, I just love this fabric...


And this Lizzie*Kate stitch, again finished in October...


Two very simple finishes but I was pleased with how they turned out.

Well I'd better get back to my Christmas stitching! Hope you are all getting ready for Christmas, and I'll be back next week with a door for you to open on Jo's Advent Blog Hop.

Until next time

Justine

28 comments:

  1. The gifts Kim sent you are lovely! She is entirely too sweet, isn't she?! Not to mention amazingly talented.

    Your finishes are wonderful. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous gifts from Kim. Yes, the pieces done by her go very well together.
    Your two finishes are so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gifts and lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gifts from Kim and I just love your `Do not Disturb´ stitching, lovely colours and backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the cute finishes and RAK Justine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gifts from Kim and lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous gifts from Kim. She has been amazing with her birthday raks :)
    Great finishing job on both your ornaments.
    I wonder what all this secret stitching is about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift you received from Kim! Love your finishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful gifts you received from Kim! I love how the stitched piece matches your piece and you can hang them together. Cute "real" finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous gifts from Kim. Do you think she remembered you'd bought the piece or is it just a happy coincidence?
    Love the Stitcher banner, such great colours.
    Looking forward to seeing what you share for Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome gifts. Your finishes are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful gift, it really is. I've missed so much in the blogging world over the last year..especially the Advent. Still, I can look forwards to having a read of all things xmassy! Love your finishes as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim's gifts to you are beautiful - such a generous, talented lady. Terrific finishes - especially the do not disturb one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely gifts from Kim, her painting is wonderful! Congrats on your cute finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These gifts from Kim are fantastic. Lucky you, Justine, that she stitched such a lovely sort of companion piece for you.
    Your finishes are really very pretty. It's amazing how such a Show and Tell at a get-together can make the finishing juices flow, lol. I hope you were having a wonderful time with your stitching friends at Needlecraft Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful gifts from Kim I love the words on both of the cross stitching , she is a real sweetie .
    Lovely ornaments you stitched and finished .

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely gifts; and your stitching makes me want to stitch something Christmas-y too!
    Happy Days,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely gifts and great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful gifts from Kim,specially the painting of the girl. The eyes are mesmerizing .
    Lovely finishes. You are one of those stitchers who I can rely on to show so many finishes when coming back from a blog break..ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely stitching as always Justine, and great finishes too... that's always my stumbling zone when i finish stitching a design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kim has struck again, what lovely gifts you received.
    I love your finishes, especially the Do Not Disturb!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post with some super stitches - I especially like your faith piece.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful gift from Kim. You've finished both design beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, lovely gifts from Kim, she is so clever how she chose the perfect gifts for each recipient. Two lovely finishes, too, Justine. I have some very similar spotted fabric but in red and cream - it is lovely, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh what a beautiful gift from Kim. How perfect of a set of pieces you have now. Plus love your 2 finished finishes. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful finishes! Enjoy your gifts from Kim :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's so sweet of Kim. Love the stitched present. Your ornaments are beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great gifts! I love all the finishes.

    ReplyDelete