Friday, 21 October 2016

Lots of finishes!

I've been busy for the past few weeks and have completed quite a few projects, including some new starts and a couple of WIPs, so I've got lots to show you today.

My friend Mii Stitch and I had a little cross stitch retreat at the beginning of October.  We rented a cottage and stitched to our hearts' content!  I started 3 projects - finished one while we were there and the other two the day after we came home.

Do Not Disturb by Durene Jones
(from Cross Stitcher magazine)
Stitched on 16 count Stormy Sea aida from Sew It All
with DMC threads
Started 8 October 2016, finished 9 October 2016

Halloween Owl by Durene Jones
(from WOCS magazine)
Stitched on 16 count antique white aida
with DMC threads
Started 7 October 2016, finished 10 October 2016

Is It Too Late to be Good? by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 16 count Cafe au Lait aida from Sew it All
with DMC threads
Started 9 October 2016, finished 10 October 2016


Thank you Mii for enabling all these new starts and finishes!

I had a fourth project packed up for the retreat which didn't get started, so as soon as I finished the others I stitched this one... (The snowman just needs some buttons for his chest)


Snowman '10 by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 16 count Tin aida with sparkles
from Sew it All
with DMC threads
Started 10 October 2016, finished 15 October 2016


After all those new starts I was longing to tick something else off my WIP list.  So I went back to this one and am proud to say it is now finished!  I really fell out of love with it in the middle of stitching it but it grew very quickly as it's on 14 count (which I never stitch on now) and maybe one day it will make it out onto display.

Family Band Sampler by Riverdrift House
Stitched on 14 count white aida with included threads
Started 1 January 2014, finished 19 October 2016


I then picked up another project that I'd started for a friend earlier this year and had another finish yesterday...

Let's Party by Imaginatings
Stitched on 16 count Margarita aida by Sew It All
with DMC threads
Started 19 March 2016, finished 20 October 2016

I love the name of the aida colour, so appropriate for this design!

And finally, I started and finished another of the Lizzie*Kate Twelve Blessings that I planned to stitch one a month throughout the year and have on display this Christmas.  Sadly I've only stitched five of them but they do stitch up quickly so you never know!

Charity (Twelve Blessings) by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 16 count Cloud Brown aida by Sew it All
with DMC threads
Started 19 October 2016, finished 20 October 2016

My next project is another one from the WIP list.  I'm hoping to reduce it by two by the end of the year.

Thanks for reading!

Justine



52 comments:

  1. WOW, you weren't kidding with the title. All your finishes look amazing. Sounds like you and Mii had a great time, sounds like bliss! I adore the Family Band Sampler so I'm glad you pulled that out again and Let's Party looks great, such a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you Speedy Stitcher with all your pretty finishes! :D
    There is no stopping you!
    Glad we went back to the Dairy, it was a fantastic weekend full of little crosses.
    Congrats on all the finishes. I simply love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful finishes! What fun having someone to stitch with....lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhona - it really was a fantastic weekend of stitching and chatting!

      Delete
  4. All pieces are lovely!So glad you ladies had a great time again!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wOw! Good for you Justine! I really like the Family Band Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vickie. I got quite fed up with it but like it more now it's finished!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on all these finishes. I bet it felt great to get these all finishes! The band sampled is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats , love all that you have stitched, hope you and Mii had great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly, you've been busy! I love them all, but particularly like the saying, "Is it too late to be good?" So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many wonderful finishes. Love them all - so happy you finished your Family Band Sampler. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great finishes!! I love them all. Good luck at reducing your WIP pile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you and Mii had a wonderfully fun and productive weekend. I love Halloween as I get to see all these amazing little projects. However I have to admit my favourite is Let's Party. That turned out so cool, love it. Great post stunner.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you really did have a productive weekend! So many lovely finishes.
    I like the Riverdrift sampler, they do some nice local themed designs. I am guessing that you are the only one without a middle initial? Poor you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your get away sounds like so much fun!! You really got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You go girl! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your a stitching machine Justine. Congrats on all of the absolutely stunning finishes. I really love the first one and wish I could find the magazine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. It was the last but one issue of Cross Stitcher magazine in the UK. It's my favourite recent finish!

      Delete
  17. That's a lot of finishes...all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've really enjoyed stitching smalls for a change this month!

      Delete
  18. Beautiful stitching..so many great finishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a fun weekend! You got heaps done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Flying needles! Well done with the finishes - such lovely projects and variety of subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so impressed with all of your wonderful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh, what a lot of stitching done, gorgeous designs, love the Do not disturb piece.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, so much beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  24. Speedy stitcjer, indeed! So fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - either fast or spending too much time stitching!

      Delete
  25. Wow!! You got so many lovely finishes, Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, my goodness! I just adore the Do Not Disturb stitch, how perfect for a little door hanging to a craft room! And the band sampler looks amazing! Jo must be being silly. It's perfectly acceptable to have no middle initial (I don't)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lots and lots of great finishes. Congratulations on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've been very successful on the finishing front! Snowman 10 is one of my favorite Lizzy Kates.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great finishes! You are so lucky to have a stitchy buddy to retreat with. I would love to find someone nearby to share a little stitching time with! Sounds like a dream weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow Justine, so much beautiful work! I love any Lizzie Kate...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lots of lovely stitching and wonderful finishes. It's always nice to pull out and old project and get it completed, leaves room for more to go into the bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great work Justine. All your finishes are lovely. Sounds like you had a good time at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are the lady with the smoking needles for me, Justine. So many finishes, and most of them finished so quickly after starting them. That's truly impressive. And I'm also impressed that you finished one of your WIPs. The remaining WIPs will be done soon as well, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, your needle is smoking hot. Good job on all the finishes. I love to stitch in the cooler weather, unfortunately summer is refusing to leave us this year. Thanks for sharing all your fantastic finishes.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a bunch of great finishes Justine. As you may know I'm on an owl stitching binge right now. Love yours! Also Snowman '10 which I've had all kitted up for a couple of years now.

    ReplyDelete
  36. How nice to get together with Ingrid for a little retreat, Justine! I just had one myself with four stitching friends and so enjoyed it. Didn't get nearly as much accomplished as you, though!! WOW! So many cute finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. you have so many pieces stitched. so nice you had a retreat. you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice work; you've been busy these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats on all the finishes! They look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW! You have been busy Justine and they are all gorgeous! I must get my Lizzie Kate snowman out to stitch after seeing yours! Problem is I have so much I desperately want to stitch lol!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing..so much done! You put me to shame! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  42. So many adorable finishes! Glad I'm finally catching up on my reading. Brings so much pleasure seeing works like these😊

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow! Great stitching Justine. You have done well with all these finishes!
    Hope all is going according to plan with your other two WIPs!
    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow Justine so many great projects! The cottage sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete