Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness March 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo and is a chance for us to show off charts, threads, fabric etc that we have been gifted being put to good use, or items we are stitching as gifts, or anything else that has a gifty connection!

I have two gifted finishes to share with you today, and some lovely gifts that I received in the post last week!

Last night, just in time for this post, I finished this lovely stitch which was gifted to me by Sally.  I really enjoyed stitching this, the deep pink (Cherry Tomato by Crescent Colors) is one of my favourite over-dyed threads.

Comfort by Little House Needleworks
Stitched on Cloud Brown 28 count evenweave by Sew It All
using recommended Crescent Colors threads
Started 7 March 2016, finished 14 March 2016


In the spirit of Gifted Gorgeousness I am going to pass this chart on.  If you would like to be entered, please leave a comment below saying you would like to stitch it, and I will draw a winner this coming Sunday 20 March.  

I also stitched this little design for a charity hoping to make a wall-hanging to share with Syrian stitchers.  You can read all about it here.  The design is by Mr X Stitch and didn't take more than a couple of hours.

Syrian Square by Mr X Stitch
Stitched on 14 count antique white aida
with Fiberlicious Rittles variegated silk
Started 1 March 2016, finished 3 March 2016

Now to show you the gifts I have received!  Last year Maggee and I discovered that we share a birthday, and decided to have a birthday exchange.  Maggee's parcel for me arrived last week and I have been truly spoiled!

Firstly this gorgeous biscornu, the central button is a vintage one from Maggee's mum's stash...

Next there was this beautiful Winter ornament, as our birthdays are in winter...


And then there was a lovely thread catcher - I have tried to make these before myself without much success!  This is a lovely bright one, perfect for Spring!




And finally this gorgeous chart which may just feature in a GG post in the not too distant future as I can't wait to stitch it!

Maggee also included the threads you can see in the photo.  I can't decide what combination to do, but pink and chocolate has to be one of my favourite combinations ever.

Thanks again Maggee, you really spoiled me and I'm looking forward to another exchange next year!

Justine

38 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and gifts! The thread combination with the chart from Maggee reminds me of Neapolitan ice-cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish.The colours in Comfort are gorgeous.
    What a beautiful biscornu,I love everything about biscornus and don't stitch enough of them.
    Your other birthday gifts are so thoughtful,too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitched piece and what wonderful gifts you have received, love the biscornu and winter ornament and that lovely thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish. Oh i love the thread catcher Maggee sent you. Other gifts are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, meravigliosi!! Comfort ce l'ho anch'io, prima o poi lo ricamo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable finishes! Love the colors on Comfort. The gifts are so pretty as well, Maggee is so sweet. The winter ornament and thread catcher are so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finishes! Love the thread you used for the Syria piece. I've met Maggee and she's a wonderful person. What a wonderful exchange she sent you. Love the pattern. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours in the 'Comfort' design. What wonderful gifts you received.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours in the 'Comfort' design. What wonderful gifts you received.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely selection of gifted items. I expect to see your Erica Michaels chart making an appearance soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of beautiful pieces you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful finishes and that is a fantastic pink colour in the hand-dyed thread. Please don't enter me as I have too much going on, but good luck to all. Wonderful gifts you received!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely finishes, I love the thread you used on your Syria design. The little house needleworks chart has such a lovely sentiment too and fabulous birthday gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I 'd love to stitch this too for my wedding frame.And will pass on of course!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful finishes and such lovely gifts! (As I've recently received goodies from a blogging friend, please exclude me from your giveaway. It will be fun to see who wins!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning finish, such bright and cheery colours
    Wonderful gifts from Maggee, the little ORT bag is so cute
    I've just posted a pic of my Syria square

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on all of the adorable finishes Justine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. First…Happy birthday! You received some wonderful gifts from Maggee. I especially love the winter ornament.
    Congratulations on your beautiful LHN finish. Comfort is such a nice design, which you stitched perfectly! I would love to stitch that one.
    I must check out the link to the charity stitching. I just saw that another stitcher participated in this. Your Syrian Square is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the gifts are wonderful, yours and Maggee's!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Comfort is lovely, I would love to stitch it. :) Your birthday gifts are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Comfort is lovely, I would love to stitch it. :) Your birthday gifts are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a delightful collection....you have fine taste

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the beautiful finishes, Justine!!:) Lovely gifts !! I liked that colorful thread catcher. I should make one no matter how bad I am at sewing. A colorful thing will look better than scattering thread all around.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Comfort stitching looks so nice!! I am much impressed with yours compared to mine :)
    You have received lovely gifts too and I can't wait to see your start on that lovely new chart.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I will pass on the GGG this time but I'm sure there will be a worthy winner.
    Lovely exchange between you and your Birthday twin.
    Such pretty colours for the Syria piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome gifts Justine :). Your stitching is lovely I really like the Syrian colors you chose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Comfort is a beauty, Justine :) And a lovely sentiment to boot! Have you decided how to finish her off?
    Your Syrian piece just pops! Great choice there too!
    And what fantastic gifts! Well deserved spoil :) Looking forward to seeing the Erica Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really enjoyed your post - such lovely colours and sweet projects.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a pretty finish, Justine, and such wonderful colors! Your gifts from Maggee are so darling--especially love the Winter piece. I will have to stitch that one, too, for my year of snowmen ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous finishes, and those are lovely gifts from Maggee! Enjoy your new goodies :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful finishes. Your exchange pieces from Maggee are lovely and a grat chart too. Please include me in the draw for the chart.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a lovely finish for the GG SAL. The colours you used are such a pretty combination.
    Great gifts that you received from Maggee. The Winter Bird with its long legs is so funny, I stitched it last year for my winter basket. And such a beautiful biscornu and other goodies. A wonderful package to spoil a stitcher :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Two very pretty finishes and a lovely package of goodies in the birthday exchange.
    The Winter bird pillow is adorable.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aww that's a cute sentiment! Love your biscornu from Maggee. I have yet to attempt one of those. And I don't really recall thread catchers! Are they like a traveling ORT jar?

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely gift and I love all of your finishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So many lovely gifts.the red and white in the biscornu a great toagether !

    ReplyDelete