Monday, 15 February 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness February 2016

Hello everyone! I've got lots to share with you today, February has been a month full of gorgeousness for me.

Maggee and I discovered we share a birthday and decided to exchange gifts to celebrate.  Maggee's package is on its way to me but I've just heard that she's received mine and I can share with you what I stitched for her.

Collect moments not things by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 32 count Tumbleweed by Sew It All
using DMC threads
Started 7 January 2016, finished 11 January 2016

I also stitched up this sweet little Easter chart which I won in a giveaway on Jen's blog last year.  Jen very kindly included the necessary overdyed threads.  I changed the main colour to WDW Peoria Purple to match the fabric I chose and am thrilled with how it turned out.

Sampling Easter by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 32 count Cloud Lilac by Sew It All
using recommended WDW and GAST threads
Started 27 January 2016, finished 31 January 2016

The original chart came with a little brass rabbit charm but as Jenn had used this, I dived through my small charm stash and amazingly found a little bunny that was just the right size!  He reminds me of the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and I'm so glad I was able to use him at last!

My final GG stitch this month was a Mill Hill kit.  These kits are great for a quick finish and the beads add a touch of variety.  This one is going to be a gift for my dear friend Mary who is very musical and plays the piano beautifully.

Love Notes by Mill Hill (kit)
Started 5 February 2016, finished 6 February 2016

If you've read this far and would like to stitch the little Sampling Easter chart, please let me know in the comments box below.  If there is more than one interested stitcher I will draw a winner a week from today.  This is just for the chart, no threads or fabric included, and you will need to find your own charm.

Thanks for reading!

Justine

45 comments:

  1. Three beautiful gifts both sent and received Justine. When I look at the GG posts it's inspiring to see how many gifts get exchanged... and actually stitched!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justine, Gorgeous finishes, the Mill Hill design is particularly sweet. I would love the chance to stitch the LK bunny and I am sure that I could find a bunny button somewhere in my stash! hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely finishes! I especially like the Mill Hill kit: I take piano lessons but I play far from beautifully!
    I would be interested in the Lizzie Kate chart if you are having a draw for it please.
    Happy Days!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Justine I really like what you made Maggee. Your other gift is neat also. Could you please include me in the Easter Sampling draw. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes, I love what you made for Maggee :-)
    I love the Easter chart but with my ever growing list of things
    to stitch I don't think I would get it done very quickly so I will
    pass on the draw as it wouldn't seem fair to anyone that is faster with
    stitching & finishing than i am :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of gorgeousness in your post. A sweet little Easter sampler - I would like a chance to win it - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitches with fantastic colours. Great gifts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love what you stitched for Maggee, that sentiment is something everyone should remember! All your stitching is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the adorable finishes Justine. I would love to stitch the chart.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finishes and I love your gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all so pretty! The gifts are so thoughtful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of very pretty finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely finishes. I would love to stitch your Easter chart! Thanks for the chance.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely gifts you have stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. when is your birthday ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely gift for Maggee and such a cute musical heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice finishes! I like Lizzie*Kate's designs, they're so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful finishes. It's always to find a birthday twinsie:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful stitching Justine love all the designs you stitched .

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of the great things about following blogs is that you get to see things which you then have to buy and stitch yourself, I love the Lizzie Kate design and feel an online shop looming. Thank you for sharing the sweet Easter design too, pleas include me in the draw. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful finishes, Justine !! I loved the cute heart. I am sure your friends would have been very happy with your gifts:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely stitching and finishing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Justine, your stitched pieces are all so very beautiful. Love the two L*K pieces and what a pretty Easter piece this is. You are ahead of time but before we know it Easter is here. Then you are prepared :)
    So nice, your Mill Hill project, it makes such a nice little gift. If only I loved stitching these MH things more.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your LK finishes are gorgeous Justine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful exchange! I'm sure Maggee will love it! Great finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Don't forget to link up on the February page!
    How lovely to find a stitching twin in the world and be able to exchange gifts.
    Please put my name in the draw for the L*K Easter chart and I promise to stitch it in time to give it away again in my Easter Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely finishes, Justine, and I especially love the sentiment of Magee's gift!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. How nice that you and Maggee share a birthday--two very special stitchers! Love what you made for her, Justine, and the little Easter LK is adorable, too... I think some pretty spring stitching might help me deal better with our snow! I should look for a new chart tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Collect moments and experiences - they stay forever and you do not lose them! Such a pretty Easter finish Justine. If you are having a drawing for the chart, I am interested.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautifful finishes! I'm sure Maggee loved her present :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have stitched 3 lovely pieces!
    The little pinkeep looks so nicely finished and I personally really like the Easter piece too. Great choice of fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh fantastic stitching :D Well done Justine :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful stitching and neat finishes! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a cute idea :). It seems most people have have their birthday the day after mine. Lovely stitching I love the purple

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely finishes and gifts :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful stitching Justine!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful stitching and finishing. Please include me in the draw if I am not too late. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Justine - what a lovely stitched gift. Joan Jepson

    ReplyDelete
  39. Man, that is a pretty cute daffodil I spy in the L*K but I'll have to pass on this giveaway too! I was slightly naughty today and bought some cross stitch magazines at the thrift store (but they were Christmas issues! -- excuses) so I know my plate is beyond full.

    Your finishes are great too, especially the Mill Hill! I bet she loves that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. You have been busy Justine. Beautiful finishes. Love your gift for Maggee.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful Justine love the Lizzie Kate one what a lovely saying xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely stitching and finishing you have been doing Justine.

    ReplyDelete