Thursday, 24 December 2015

Advent Calendar Blog Hop Day 24

The day before the big day is finally here!  And here's the last door to open in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop organised as ever by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching.  If you haven't opened all the other doors then here's a LINK to the whole Advent Calendar - go on, have a look, I'll wait for you!

Being last certainly isn't easy after all the gorgeous finishes that have been on display throughout December.  I have two finishes to share with you which between them to me just sum up Christmas.


...and they shall seek Him
by Just Another Button Company
Stitched on Fabric Flair 28ct evenweave Cloud Brown
with recommended DMC threads



En Retard by Madame Chantilly
Stitched on Fabric Flair 28ct evenweave
Snowfall with sparkles
with recommended DMC threads

These were both an absolute joy to stitch. For En Retard I adapted the design slightly and instead of stitching snowflakes and stars I used this gorgeous fabric from Fabric Flair. This was a bit adventurous for me but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I also altered the front reindeer's nose as my younger son pointed out that Rudolph should lead the sleigh! 

Like many others who took part in the Blog Hop this year, our Christmas Eve plans are quite low key.  I go out early to collect our Christmas dinner from Marks and Spencer (other Christmas dinners are available) and then I usually treat myself to a quiet coffee in the cafe before returning home just in time for everyone else to wake up!  My husband usually works on Christmas Eve so I'll have a relaxing day at home with my sons who are 6 and 7 years old this Christmas.  In the evening we'll go to Mass and then leave out a mince pie for Santa and some carrots for the reindeer.  The boys will no doubt remind me of the Christmas morning that I was cross with Santa for leaving his dirty plate and glass on the table instead of putting them by the sink ready for washing!

Thanks again to Jo for organising our Advent Calendar.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday, however you celebrate, and have a stitch and stash-filled Happy New Year!

Justine

29 comments:

Lesley said...

Those are two lovely designs for the 24 th December Justine.I love picutres of Santa and his sleigh soaring into the sky and ..and they shall seek him is a lovely reminder of this seasons purpose.
Merry Christmas.

butterfly said...

What lovely designs love the material , Merry Christmas to you and your family hugs .

Thoeria said...

Gorgeous stitching as always Justine :) I LOVE your reindeer stitch....very creative and clever of you! Have a wonderful day with the family and leave Santa a note telling him to be good or no mince pie next year :D

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Beautiful stitching works
I wish you a Marry Christmas
Buon Natale auguri
Giovanna

Rachel Tomkins said...

You have finished off the advent blog hop with two fantastic and wonderfully relevant designs on beautiful fabric. I love both of them! I hope you and your family have a great (stitch-filled) Christmas too. :)

Sheryl S. said...

Gorgeous designs Justine and lovely snowflake fabric. Wish there was a Marks and Sparks near me. Happy Christmas to you and your family.

Brigitte said...

That was a great blog hop and it is lovely to come to your blog for the final blog hop post, Justine.
Both your Christmas pieces are so beautiful. And so nice for you that you will spend a quiet Christmas Eve with your family. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching my dear
Wishing you Merry Christmas x

gominam said...

Lovely finishes as always. Loved the fabric choice. Enjoyed reading your eve tradition. Great post to close the Advent blog hop. Wishing you a blessed Christmas:)

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful perfect finishes for Christmas Eve.
I love en retard on this fabric. It is perfect!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family xxx

Christine said...

I agree with you, it's absolutely scandalous that santa doesn't wash the pots :)
Have a wonderful Christmas

Lynne Frankham said...

Your Christmas stitching is beautiful. I did enjoy reading about your Christmas. Merry Christmas!

Lynne Frankham said...

Your Christmas stitching is beautiful. I did enjoy reading about your Christmas. Merry Christmas!

cheryl said...

The Snowfall fabric is perfect for that design! Lovely. Merry Christmas!

Vickie said...

Wonderful stitching you shared. The fabric is a great choice for Santa. I completely agree with your son. Rudolph must be represented!
Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

Your stitching is so pretty, Justine, and your Christmas plans sound perfect! I so miss having young children in the house at this time of year--enjoy your sweet boys :) Merry Christmas to you!

Kay said...

I really love the Madame Chantilly design, and especially what you have done with the fabric. I might try this myself some year soon. Happy Christmas. x

ORANGE s said...

A Very Merry Christmas and and a creative 2016, Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

Julie said...

The Madame Chantilly is superb, the fabric is amazing.
Wishing you and the family a wonderful Christmastime Justine, I hope your boys are all tucked up in bed now and sleeping soundly dreaming of santa and reindeer bells.
xxx

Barb said...

Very pretty designs! It sounds like a wonderful Christmas Eve. It is such fun when you have young children!

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching, especially, the reindeer one. Lovely snowflake fabric !! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Heather said...

Beitiful stitching and great traditions. Merry Christmas!

sharine said...

Great Christmas stitching. Merry Christmas to you and your family:)

Katie said...

Finally found time to get online. Love your 2 pieces! The snowflake fabric is beautiful. It fits the pattern perfect. Hope you had a fantastic Christmas.

Jennifer M. said...

I love these finished designs. They turned out great. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and I hope Santa left the dirty dishes by the sink this year. :-D

Meari said...

Beautiful projects, Justine! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. :)

Happy New Year!!

Astrids dragon said...

A perfect end to the blog hop! I love both of those pieces, you did a fantastic job. The snowfall fabric is perfect. I guess Santa is too busy with the pressies, he doesn't tidy up here either!
Happy New Year!

Beth said...

Happy New Year Justine!

Stitching Noni said...

Not sure how I missed this one.... what a beautiful couple of finishes... love the Santa and reindeers! And yes Rudolf has to be the sleigh leader with his red nose!! :o) The fabric is perfect for this piece.
Happy New Year and all the best for 2016 (goodness... I can't believe January is nearly over!)
Hugs xx