Friday, 27 November 2015

Another finish and WIP progress

Hello everyone!

I hope all my American friends had a great Thanksgiving and everyone survived Black Friday.  I have avoided the shops all day and it's been lovely.  Christmas shopping is mostly done and I honestly could not face queuing and fighting for bargains.  I've had a more peaceful day stitching!

First to show you today is my latest finish, Singing in the Rain.

Singing in the Rain by Madame Chantilly
Stitched on 28 count Fabric Flair Cloud Blue
using recommended DMC threads
Re-started 1st November 2015, finished 21st November 2015

I'm so pleased with how this one turned out, the fabric was gorgeous to stitch on and I think really sets off the reds and yellows of the piece much better than the linen I originally started it on!

Next up is Pretty Little Paris which will soon be a finish I hope - my 12th of the 15 pieces I started back in January for Debbie's Crazy January Challenge...

Pretty Little Paris by Satsuma Street
Stitched on 16 count Rustico aida
with recommended DMC threads

I've stitched pretty much everything to the right of the Eiffel Tower, there's just Montmartre and the Arc de Triomphe left to stitch on the left, then a bridge which runs right along the bottom of the piece.

I also had a new start last weekend, naughty I know but I just couldn't resist...

En Retard by Madame Chantilly
Stitched on 28 count Fabric Flair Snowfall evenweave
with recommended DMC threads
Started 21st November 2015

I was a little bit nervous about the fabric for this one but after lots of deliberation, plus advice from my two stitchy friends Rachel and Ingrid, I've decided it's perfect!  Though as Rachel pointed out, this design has lots of houses and I really don't like stitching houses!

You can't really see in this photo but the fabric is all sparkly too!  Really hoping to have this one finished for Christmas.

Enjoy the weekend whatever you decide to do - hopefully you will all have time for crafting!  I'm going to make sure I do.

Justine

37 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Justine. Awesome progress on Paris and I love your new start.

Linda

Jacquie Morris said...

Oooh such a pretty finish, lovely indeed :)
Pretty little Paris is looking really lovely, loving the mixture of colours...
And oooooh yes that is pretty fabric, not seen any like that with snow flakes, fabrics are awesome nowadays :)
Smiles :)

Joan said...

Hello Justine - Well done on your finish it looks wonderful. I have sickened myself of cross stitch at the moment. I worked solidly on the Geisha Girl and then immediately started the snowman calendar. I thought the calendar would be a quick and easy stitch, but it took a lot longer than I anticipated. Happy stitching. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish and progress and that is an excellent choice for a new start.

Justine said...

Thank you Linda. I hope you see this as I'm still not getting your comments emailed to me!

Katie said...

Oh Congrats on the adorable finish. I agree with you lovely ladies it looks fantastic on that fabric. Love your new start and your WIP!

Vickie said...

Oh my! You have such sweet, sweet stitching here. :) I love the Fabric Flair!

Rachel Tomkins said...

Love all three pieces of course! Singing in the Rain looks so much better on this fabric, Paris is coming along very quickly, and En Retard definitely needs to be finished before Christmas. No pressure! Hope you have a good stitchy weekend. :)

Linda said...

Well done on another finish this year - it's so cute. I am sure you will have another finish soon. it doesn't hurt to reward your finish with a new start. I braved the shops today but only because I had my nail appointment but I did pick up some bargains for myself in The Body Shop as they had 40% off nearly all their products. Have a great weekend.

Julie said...

Lovely snowflake fabric, I like that. Sweet ducklings, they are adorable.

Barb said...

Lovely stitching! I love Singing in the Rain. It is so cheerful looking! Pretty fabric for the Christmas looking piece.

Lesley said...

I love your finish and Pretty Little Paris is coming on beautifully.No frenzied bargain shopping for me either.Stitching wins every time:)

Heather said...

Congrats on the finish and lovely new start and progress. I only went to Michaels for 40% off everything coupon. I didn't go until 7pm when my flight landed because I wasn't worried about all of the floss being taken lol. I went to Home Depot around noon with my sister-in-law for some decorations but there were no lines at the registers or anything.

Jeetje Van Wijhe-Fuchs said...

What a sweet finish!

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic finish Justine, well done.Paris is looking wonderful and great new start. Love the fabric you decided on. Looking forward to seeing more of this piece.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Beautiful finish
You did great progress on the others projects
Have a good weekend

Emma/Itzy said...

Fab finish and Paris is looking great too !

Sheryl S. said...

Pretty design and stitching. Love the colours of `singing in the rain

butterfly said...

What lovely stitching ,love the Paris design. I stayed away from the shops too Hugs.

Mii Stitch said...

Singing in the rain looks fantastic! Love the Paris design, it is coming along really nicely! Might buy your chart when you finish it.... if you'd be happy to sell it. Great new start to, perfect fabric!!!!

Faith... said...

That piece looks cuter ever time I see it! Congrats on your finish ;) Love the Paris design and the colors in it. I have her Chicago design which I really need/want to start. I am so with you on the whole Black Friday shopping thing. I stay right in my living room and pjs and don't venture out to any stores; not even for a gallon of milk!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks lovely on that fabric. Great stitching on your WIP, and a wonderful new start! I actually love stitching houses :D

gominam said...

That is so adorable! congrats on the finish. Great progress on Paris, very nice colors:)

Mini said...

Congrats on such a cute finish. The Paris design has such lovely colors.

Michelle said...

Lovely finish Justine and I adore the Paris design xx

Beth said...

Loving the colors you are using for Pretty Little Paris.

Steph said...

Beautiful stitching. xox

Stitching Noni said...

Well done on your gorgeous finish!
I like your new start - the fabric looks lovely. Can't wait to see move of it as you keep stitching :o)
Hugs xx

Esmeralda said...

Congrets on your finish, what a cutie :)
Great progres on paris and love your new project in stunning fabric
I am nearly done with the cristmas shopping goof from you to have it done so on time :)

Lillie said...

What a cute finish. Paris looking good and a lovely new start. Happy stitching

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely finish, this hen pulling the cart with her little chicks is just funny. And you made some jice progress on Little Paris.
I love your new start. What a wonderful fabric you are stitching it on. This row of houses will look gorgeous on it.

Weronika said...

Beautiful finish. Good luck with your new start.

Sally said...

Oh wow I am in love with that snowfall fabric you're stitching En Retard on! It is gorgeous!

Lovely finish and brilliant progress on your WIPs.

I am almost done with Christmas shopping. Just need something for a friend and my DH's auntie.

the Fairy Stitcher said...

a very cute finish, and beautiful progress on your wips

the Fairy Stitcher said...

a very cute finish, and beautiful progress on your wips

Lumiruusu said...

What happy and cute finish and every single one of your wips look great..En Retard is extra cute -I have seen the pattern somewhere

Deb said...

Congrats on another cute finish! Pretty stitching!