Friday, 8 May 2015

Some Crazy January stitching

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last posts.  I haven't stitched much all week but yesterday and today my mojo has returned and I've put a few stitches into two of my Crazy January Challenge pieces.

I started 15 pieces on the first 15 days of January, in memory of Debbie Faris Bryant aka SoCal Debbie who tragically died last year.  I have finished 6 of those so far, and have made good progress with a few others.

First up is Roma by Lanarte.  I love working on this and have bought the companion piece, Paris.  Here is my progress so far...


and here's how the finished picture looks.


I just have a bit of the Coliseum to finish off, and the swirly "writing" at the top (which doesn't actually say anything as far as I can tell!) and then the bottom "ROMA" panel.  This was my Secret Santa gift last year from work and I am hoping to have it finished in time for Gifted Gorgeousness on the 15th of this month.

The other piece I chose to work on is this one by Imaginatings...


It hadn't been out of the stash cupboard since I started it on 9th January.  After an hour working on it this morning it has gone from this...



to this...


It's going to stitch up quickly I think.

And finally, I saw this great election story on the BBC website, about a man who tried to cross stitch the UK General Election result last night.  A mere 650 stitches!

Until next time

Justine


40 comments:

  1. Amazing progress on Roma and the coffee stitch looks fun. You have done well with your 15 of 15. Have a great weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful progress on both pieces. Good luck with those X's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects. I really love your Roma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely progress. Roma looks great, makes me want to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress Justine! I love Roma, but that coffee chart is calling to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your coffee cup and you are stitching really fast. Sunny Greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such unique and charming projects, Justine! You're making wonderful progress on both :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome progress on both pieces Justine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they both have progressed quite a ways Justine! Coffee.......mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress on both the pieces, Justine !! :) They are beautiful!! You have completed almost 50% of the challenge. Great going !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe Justine you've made beautiful progress on your projects. So lovely!
    And congrats on finishing 6 projects on Debbie's Challenge! WOOHOO!!!
    Your doing great:))) love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Roma Kit - so elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roma's looking great since I last saw it. Good luck in trying to finish it for the 15th. And Coffee... these "words" charts are growing on me really quickly!
    Thanks for the election cross stitch link. I had a good smile at that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stitching the elections... Who would have thought! Looks like it was a fun endeavor. :) The Roma piece you are working on is beautiful. I just LOVE the coffee piece. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress on both. It definitely looks like you'll finish soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're doing great on both. Roma looks so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are making great progress. can I ask out of everything you can stitch why oh why would you stitch that?. The elections that is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, this is really great progress. I love the Roma piece more and more. . What a neat idea to also buy the companion piece Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both pieces are looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Roma is just flying along! I wonder if the swirly writing will be difficult since they're not known words? You do seem to have an abundance of brown pieces! :D

    The election piece was quite interesting! The back of the project made me recoil in horror though LOL. I do hope he cleans up those ends. Or maybe he actually burned it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great progress!
    I saw something about the guy doing the cross stitch of the election! Great publicity for our hobby... but like Rosey said... wonder if he neaten up the back!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Roma has progressed so much since I saw it in April :)
    Great progress on both projects.
    Had a look at the link, that was different :) Wonder if he's going to keep the map?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great work! I can't believe how fast you've zipped through this! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! The Roma Stitch is amazing! Lovely blog, your finishes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have made great progress on your challenge pieces. Roma is looking look, very close to another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have made great progress on your challenge pieces. Roma is looking look, very close to another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful stitching progress on two lovely patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Roma è elegante, bellissimo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely work Justine! I've got some of these patterns in my to do list. They are just goregeous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the I Love Coffee piece! Great progress on both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Roma is going to look just great! I"m working on a Lanarte right now and its a real joy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very elgeant stitching-well done with all your WIP's !

    ReplyDelete