Saturday, 7 March 2015

YOTA and what else I have been up to

It's the first Saturday of the month and it's time for YOTA (go here to read more).  This is a fun and relaxed SAL to encourage those participating to work on some of our Unfinished Objects.

My focus for YOTA last month was Lanarte's Clocks, and here is where I left off...

Four clocks down and two to go!

I wasn't sure whether to carry on as I was getting fed up with all the browns, beiges and creams but I kept stitching away little by little this month and this is where I am now!


I'm so pleased with my progress.  I stitched the mantel clock at the bottom right, all of the border, and made a good start on the grandfather clock which runs down the left hand side.  I'm hoping a finish is achievable by the next YOTA update on April 4th.

Not much cross stitching has been going on here because I have been busy making a Fantastic Mr Fox mask for World Book Day which as parents throughout the UK (or maybe the world?!) will know, was this Thursday.  I wouldn't normally put a photo of my children on here but in this case I think it's safe to let you see elder son in his "disguise"...


It was hats or masks only this year.  I decided to make a mask from felt using this pattern from OxEyeDaisey on etsy.  I was really pleased with it, the instructions were easy to follow and I think my mask looks similar to the project picture, at least from a distance.  It's not perfect but elder son loved it and it was comfortable to wear which is a priority for a 6-year old!

Younger son went as Harry Potter so no photos there.  He wore a pair of round glasses and I drew a lightning scar on his forehead with red gel pen.  Simple but effective.

Now my embroidery adventures are over I'm hoping to get back to my first love, cross stitch, so hopefully I will have some real progress to show you soon!

Until next time

Justine

32 comments:

Jacquie Morris said...

I think you have made marvellous progress on your clocks...they do look really good too. Little bit at a time and before you know it you would have stitched it all! Well that is the plan.... I think?!
Not having little people (small children of school age) it's difficult keeping up with things...but I had seen on FaceBook that it was world book day. If I may say so your Mr Fox mask is AWESOME!! Seriously good :)
Wonderful post really enjoyed popping in today :)
Have a happy Sunday :)
Happy stitching....
Smiles :)

Barb said...

The fox mask is wonderful. I bet the "little fox" thinks so too! The clocks look just beautiful! Can't wait to see the grand father clock all finished.

Heather said...

You have made wonderful progress on your clock stitchery! The mask is adorable!

Kristin said...

Your mask turned out great! Far better than I could have done. Your clocks are coming alone nicely. I can't wait to see the finish.

rosey175 said...

I would be struggling with all those browns too! Though the clocks themselves are so interesting I imagine I'd keep plucking away just for them haha. It will be exciting to see them finished~

Your fox mask look awesome!! I can't recall anything as awesome as World Book Day around here although maybe things are changing and I just don't know about it yet. :D I would like to hope so at any rate.

Linda said...

Awesome mask Justine. Wonderful progress on the clocks.

Linda

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Those clocks are really cute and coming along nicely!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Those clocks are really cute and coming along nicely!

Marie Christine said...

Un motif inhabituel,mais ravissant!quant a ce masque il est génial!
Doux dimanche

Michelle said...

Your clock stitching is lovely Justine well done and the mask is amazing xx

Rachel Tomkins said...

You've made good progress on your Clocks. Good luck for trying to get them finished for next month.
Your bigger baby must have been so proud of his mask - you did a fantastic (haha) job. I'm very impressed with your talent! :)

Julie said...

Amazing mask, well done Justine. My granddaughter went as Aurora using one of her dressing up costumes.

Miamina said...

Well done on the progress, it's really coming along!

Thoeria said...

You've made super progress with the clocks, Justine!! And the mask?!! WOW!! It's gorgeous! I wouldn't know where to start with something like that! Yep...I bet he felt fantastic with his mask :)

Pull the other thread said...

Wow amazing progress on the clocks!! You are so close to a finish on this piece. That masks looks absolutely amazing.

CJ said...

Great job with the mask. Your clocks are coming along nicely.

CJ

Hazel said...

Amazing progress. Well done. X

Vicky L said...

I love your progress.Wishing you luck reaching your goal.

gominam said...

You made lots of progress on your clocks, it's beautiful:) and the mask is a winner!

Deb said...

Love your clocks piece! Great project!
What an adorable fox mask!!! Well done!

Preeti said...

Your clocks are looking great!! And the mask has turned out just wonderful !!:)

Brigitte said...

You made some amazing progress on your clock piece. Wow. I'm sure you will have a finish next time. But I can see that it must be a bit tiring to use all these brown and sepia colours although rhe overall efffect is so great.

Mii Stitch said...

Wow!! I am sooo impressed!! This Fox mask is just fantastic!! How cool is that?? Well done.
Love sepia designs and your clocks are coming along beautifully :)

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Wow, terrific progress! And I love the mask you made; sounds like a fun event.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Love that mask! And great progress with the clocks too, it's looking awesome :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh my goodness you made awesome progress on clocks!!!

Faith... said...

Your son looks great! You did a wonderful job on his mask and you are right - as long as he was happy, that is all that matters! Your Clocks look good too - lots of progress there.

Katie said...

Wow you've made a lot of progress on your clock piece. Great job! Love the fox mask. Great job with it. I wouldn't even know where to start with doing one haha.

Anne said...

Great job on your clock piece!! Fun fox mask too!

Leigh said...

I love the mask! Well done on the clocks. Here's hoping for a finish soon!

Frances N said...

Those clocks are fabulous! You are almost finished!
I'm impressed with the fox mask! Well done--I don't think that's something I could ever achieve!!!

Catherine said...

Love the mask!