Sunday, 22 March 2015

A finish and a little progress

I'm trying not to get too excited but here's the fourth finish from my 15 new starts for the Crazy January Challenge 2015 in Debbie's memory.

Easter Blessings by Stitchers Anon
Started 3rd January 2015, finished 19th March 2015
Stitched on 16 count Zweigart Rustico aida
with recommended DMC threads

This was such a sweet stitch.  The inner part stitched up pretty quickly but the border took a while!  I stitched all the leaves and flowers first and then zoned out stitching in the pink behind it.  Stitching borders can be a lot like meditation can't it?

I just looked back at my progress on last year's Crazy January Challenge and at this point in 2014 I also had four finishes and another two early into April!  I ended the year with five unfinished pieces.  Must try harder!

I have a little progress to show on March's Daffodils...
March's Daffodils by Cottage Garden Samplings
Started 8th January 2015

I will have to hope that the daffodils last until April as I don't think this is going to be finished any time soon!  There are too many other pieces calling for my attention, and I'm trying to resist the lure of a new start.

Firstly there's this shouting to me...
Alice and the Dodo by GeckoRouge

and today a lovely fellow stitcher, from Pull the Other Thread blog, gifted me this beauty.
QS Alice in Clockwork by Heaven and Earth Designs

Thank you so much, it's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to get going on it!

Can you tell I have a bit of a "thing" for Alice in Wonderland?  It was my favourite book as a young girl and I still have the lovely leather-bound edition my mum bought me as a thank you for being good while she was in hospital for a few days.  It's the 150th anniversary of its publication this year so it would seem fitting to start at least one of these charts, no?

I will have to see what comes out of the WIP pile tonight!

Until next time

Justine

40 comments:

Kate said...

You're doing well, Justine, with your finishes. Your Easter Blessings is a lovely piece.

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finish Justine. Nice progress on March. I love your new charts.

Linda

Barb said...

Very cute finish.

Jacquie Morris said...

Awe lovely Easter finish....love this cute design :)
And oooh looking forward to seeing progress on your March Daffodils... :)
Oooh lovely heaven and earth designs.... They look awesome.
Smiles :)

Barb said...

Easter Blessings is very cute! I heard a fascinating lecture on Alice a month ago. This fellow had tons of info on the story.

Loretta said...

Congratulations on your finish!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the Alice charts.

sharine said...

Great little finish. Love the Alice charts:)

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely finish & your daffodils look great :-)

Stitching Noni said...

Well done on your sweet Easter finish and your 4th one for the challenge!
The Alice charts are just beautiful :o)
Hugs xx

cucki said...

Such a sweet finish
Well done my dear
Great new start
Big hugs xx

Annette-California said...

Congrats on your Easter Blessings finish! Beautiful!! Congrats also on finishing some of your new starts from Debbie's Challenge. March's daffodils is looking so pretty. Love the Alice charts. Did you get the other one?
love Annette

Pull the other thread said...

Great stitching Justine. I do love the Alice and Dodo chart. I look forward to seeing which one you decided to work on.

Katie said...

Congrats on the finish! Nice progress on the 2nd piece. Now if you don't want to read what I say next shut the window now haha. I say start them both! You know I just did. Once you start them and get some stitching in they will stop screaming and you can go back to your other pieces.

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on your latest finish, this is a really sweet design :)
Both Haed are fabulous!!! You're going to be so busy but they would be impossible to resist. Katie's advice is spot on :P

D1-D2 said...

Lovely finish!

Preeti said...

Congrats on the lovely finish !!:) Looking forward to your new starts.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Justine congrats on a great Easter Finish!

Teresa S. said...

Beautiful stitching, Justine. And 4 crazy January finishes already-that is great!

Faith... said...

March's Daffodils is so pretty and congrats on your finish, Easter Blessings!

Brigitte said...

Wohoo, already four projects finished. And this one is just in time for Easter.
A great gift for an Alice lover that you received.

Miamina said...

Well done on the lovely finish!

I too have a love of Alice so understand perfectly :) I love the 2 designs and how lovely to get such a nice gift!

Anthea said...

Hi Justine
Well done on finishing some of your Jan starts... & wow those designs do look uber-detailed, lots of work if you do them!

Kate said...

Adorable finish, congrats! And wonderful progress. Have fun with your new charts.

Carol said...

That finish is darling, Justine! And the daffodil piece is just perfect for stitching this time of year.

Barbi said...

Pretty Easter finish, and that daffodil project is going to be even prettier. Looking forward to seeing that one done :)

rosey175 said...

Lovely Easter finish though I must admit I am biased towards March Daffodils! :D I am quite fond of Alice in Wonderland too so it will be fun to watch your progress on these! I'm sure you'll have a great time stitching them~ I vote starting them both mwuahahaha

Deb said...

Great update! Wonderful finish!
Always wonder how everyone fare's with finishing all their crazy starts.
Congrats on the HAED gift!

Sally said...

Your Easter finish is so sweet Justine. The March piece is coming along nicely. I'm sure the daffs will last a bit longer!

Lovely new chart and a gorgeous gift too.

Kaisievic said...

Such a sweet Easter finish and both of those Alice in Wonderland designs are stunning. I cannot wait to see you start one of them.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Happy to meet a fellow Alice Addict :). Congrats on your finish and your Daffodils are looking beautiful!

Thoeria said...

You're doing great Justine! Such a sweet finish :)
Ohhhhhh.....one more HAED start won't really hurt :D

Weronika said...

Wonderful finish Justine. You picked great patterns. Good luck.

Joan said...

Love the Alice H&E Design. I love H&E designs but have never been tempted to start one as I am such a slow stitcher. It would take me a life time to complete.
Joan (www.aviewtothefells.com)

gominam said...

That's such a cute finish! Nice charts for new starts, tempting!

Michelle said...

Well done on your finishes Justine x

Julie said...

Easter Blessings is such a lovely finish.

The Crafty Princess said...

Awww cute lil finish. Wow love your new charts and congrats on the RAK. She is such a sweetheart and you deserve it too. xo Alicia

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Congrats on the finish too :D

Rachel Tomkins said...

Congratulations on finish number 4. It's interesting that you're at about the same stage you were last year. As for the Alice in Wonderland charts they are both gorgeous and both deserve to become WIPs! Is that helpful?!! :)

Rachel Tomkins said...

Congratulations on finish number 4. It's interesting that you're at about the same stage you were last year. As for the Alice in Wonderland charts they are both gorgeous and both deserve to become WIPs! Is that helpful?!! :)