Thursday, 15 January 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL 2015 - January

Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching had the brilliant idea of the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL, to help us celebrate giving in all its forms!  The idea is to use things that have been gifted to you, or show things that you intend to use as gifts.  I have only been blogging for about 18 months but in that time am lucky enough to have benefitted from the generosity of other stitchers, so I quickly signed up to share with you!


Regular readers will know that since January 1st, I have been starting something new every day in memory of SoCal Debbie.  I included some gifts into those new starts so I would have something to show you today.  Aren't I clever?!

These are my starts that qualify for Gifted Gorgeousness:

From my Secret Santa at work:

Progress after one evening's stitching:

This lovely chart was gifted to me by Mii Stitch as part of the Tutti Frutti Exchange she hosted last year:

And here's my progress:

This one was a gift from Heather in the first stitching giveaway I ever won!:

And here's where I got up to:

I can't wait to see what other stitchers' gifts have been worked on this month!

Today is the last day (for me) of Debbie's Crazy January Challenge, though some stitchers are carrying on with the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge (31 starts) or even a Super Duper Ultimate Crazy January Challenge (59!! starts)  I have had my own little moment of madness and will be starting something crazy tonight.  I know I won't get it finished this year but that's OK.

I'll be back later to show you my starts for Days 13 to 15!

Until then

Justine

32 comments:

CJ said...

Lovely post.

CJ

Pull the other thread said...

These will make great gifts!!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Lovely starts, I especially like "Roma" ") I'm looking forward to your progress.

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

ohhhh.. love the LHN stitching pattern.. that one will look really cool... ;)
Great gifts..

Rachel Tomkins said...

It's a great idea combining your stitching into two different SALs and means we get to see it twice as often! I like that!!! :)

Julie said...

Lovely things you have been gifted with.

Christine said...

Lovely stitching!

Hazel D said...

Beautiful gifts and very clever to combine SALs as you have. I think I have the Paris companion piece to your Roma design in my stash - is it a Lanarte kit?

butterfly said...

Lovely new starts.

Justine said...

Thank you - it's lovely to stitch too!

Justine said...

Ah thanks Rachel - two for the price of one!

Justine said...

It is a Lanarte kit Hazel and I have seen the Paris one too! I think these are so stylish.

Mii Stitch said...

Great gifted gorgeousness! I did recognize one the other day ;)
All charts are lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing them grow xx

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Lots of gifted gorgeousness! Enjoy.

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Wonderful starts :-)

Linda said...

You have been gifted with some gorgeous charts Justine. Looking forward to seeing your progress on them.

Linda

Caitlin D said...

Such wonderful gifts! Your Secret Santa gift is my favorite. It appears someone knew you very well. :-)

Stitching in the country said...

Great projects with plenty to do. Looking forward to seeing them grow

Jacquie Morris said...

Oooh lovely stitching things and wonderful gifts :)
Looking forward to seeing them grow :)
Smiles :)

Marcy said...

What a great group of gifted gorgeousness. Sorry. Once I got started with the g's I couldn't stop ... giggle.

Frances N said...

You do have some lovely stitching going!
The Rome one is very chic!!!

Catherine said...

Love the projects!!

Barb said...

You have lots of wonderful starts!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely starts! You've gotten some really lovely charts as gifts! :D

Miamina said...

Lovely! You have some gorgeous stitching!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Three lovely starts - I especially like the LHN design

Katie said...

Great check in with beautiful stitching. Keep it up.

rosey175 said...

Aaa you're sneaking in stuff from other SALs, you sneaker! I totally would do it too if having more than three projects on the go didn't drive me bonkers. :b Is the lil' red roof variegated floss or different colors?

EvalinaMaria said...

Absolutely lovely, congratulations! I have Weekend in Paris and I'm willing to trade for your Roma. Would you like to?
Evalina, This and that...

Brigitte said...

You have some great charts that fit perfectly into this SAL. Have fun stitching on them.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
And well done on making a note of who sent which charts too! I just think it's a lovely way to say Thank You to the giver.

Gillie said...

Love the Rome one! Well done on all your crazy starts!