Saturday, 10 January 2015

First YOTA of 2015

This year I decided to commit to the Year of the Acronym (YOTA) SAL hosted by Pull the Other Thread.  This is a UFO SAL, to get rid of those Unfinished Objects lurking around.

Officially I don't have any UFOs but most of the projects listed on the WIP tab on this blog are really UFOs as I'm not currently working on them.

I'm so excited to present to you, hot off the needles, a major finish!
Cut Thru North Pole House by Bothy Threads
Started 29th August 2013
Finished 10th January 2015

Some close-ups:



This is a very special piece to me as it was this project that kick-started my blog.  Debbie's Cross Stitch was the first cross stitch blog I ever found and she hosted the Cut Thru Monday SAL with Linda.  I loved all the pieces but thought they would be too much of a challenge for me.  I decided to give it a go and also set up a blog so I could stitch along.  I'm happy to have finished this one, as I really love it and want to have it framed on the wall next Christmas, but I'm also sad as it was my first real "blog start". It was also a WIP of Debbie's.

I decided to let the Random Number Generator choose what I'm going to stitch on next for YOTA.  It came up with this one...


For some reason the bottom of this photo is chopped off!  Anyway, it's called Clocks by Lanarte and you get the idea.  Here's where I was up to last time I touched it (a few months ago now)..


My plan is to spend half of each month working on the JEC SAL and my Crazy January Challenge 2015 new starts, and the other half working on YOTA pieces.  I may change the YOTA piece each month but I might carry on into the next month, particularly if I can smell a finish!

I'll be back tomorrow with three more new starts from Debbie's Crazy January Challenge.

Until then

Justine

30 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing your cut thru house - it looks fabulous and will be a wonderful reminder of stitching friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Clocks look very intricate. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous finish....it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the fantastic - stunning - gorgeous finish Justine. I love the next one you picked to work on. I need to try and work on mine more than 1 day a month.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Great job on the finish!!!! WooHoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your off to a great start with the SAL! I think I can safely say my YOTA piece won't be getting finished this year (AGAIN) lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a huge accomplishment with North Pole! Congrats! Clocks has a regal look to it, just looking at what you have stitched so far. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish! And that clock pattern is really unique and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOHOO!!! Enjoy that happy dance girlfriend. It's gorgeous! I'm glad you found the blog world. I'm glad we have met and became friends. Love your new project and your ideas of how to split up your months. Just enjoy and smile a lot that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your finish is amazing with so many details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your finish!!
    Lucky gal, not to have UFO's!!!
    Love the clocks piece. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done , Justine.
    Love your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!Cut through the North Pole looks amazing!And so difficult to finish!Congrats!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your finish Justine! It looks fabulous and must be very special to you holding so many memories. The clocks looks fantastic and now I'm waiting for your next three challenge pieces... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. I'm sure this one will always make me think of Debbie, and the wonderful friends I've made through blogging!

      Delete
  15. A great finish that you show here. Congratulations! And a nice UFO that you pulled out to continue stitching on it. I think it's a great plan to work on your UFOs for half a month and on your Crazies the other half. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow a finish already. Well done!! It looms just wonderful and what a special piece to be able to hang on your wall. Love the clocks project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your beautiful finish, Justine !! :) I understand what you say about Debbie. Consider that you have taken forward her WIP and completed it. She will surely be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful finish! Well done! Love the clocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hooray, a finish, and a big one too! It's nice to have a reminder of wonderful people and I'm more than sure Debbie would be thrilled you finished it (and started more lol). :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great finish--looks like it was a lot of fun to stitch, too! Your new start is so nice, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woohoo! Congrats on the finish! :D It looks amazing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful stitching and congrats on the finish

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done! That's a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woohoo!! Congrats sweetie!! THis is a major awesome huge finish!! :) Well done, it just looks fantastic. Love the new start too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great start! I think I'll cheat and do my YOTA next Monday... I worked this weekend, so it's not really a weekend, right? :)

    I love those Bothy cut-throughs - they are all so adorable. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is absolutely wonderful. You must be so thrilled with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well done in the NP visit. Will you display it just during Christmas or all year around? It looks so good. Your boys must be thrilled it is finished. I love the new YOTA piece- I love Lanarte designs

    ReplyDelete