Monday, 1 December 2014

Christmas Biscornu Exchange

A couple of months ago I signed up for a Christmas Biscornu Exchange hosted by Mii Stitch.  I'm delighted to say that at least as far as I'm concerned, the exchange has gone wonderfully well and all biscornus have been received on time.

I received my parcel today from Albéna, and this is what was inside...

all wrapped up

handmade ornaments, French ribbon, yummy chocs...
everything on a white and gold star theme

the piéce de resistance, the biscornu itself

a closer look at the underside

I wish I could show you the biscornu in person.  It is tiny and absolutely exquisite!  Stitched over one on a very small count (maybe 40 count?) covered in clear sparkly beads, it's already hanging on our tree and will be admired and treasured for years to come.  Thank you Albéna, you are a super exchange partner!

I had to stitch a biscornu and send to Stacy.  I chose a chart from the gorgeous Faby Reilly range.


I was really pleased with how it turned out and I know it has been well received in France.

Thank you Mii for hosting this fabulous exchange!

Until next time

Justine

24 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Justine! Lovely lovely pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful exchanges, love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky with your exchanges, both with the items you receive and give. Stitchers are a fab bunch, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful biscornus! So lovely. Enjoy your goodies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super exchange, well done to you both,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great exchange Justine!!!
    I'm still awaiting for mine to turn up but I'm sure it won't be too long :)
    Enjoy your goodies xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful biscornus both sent & received : ) I know I owe you an email. Will answer in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful exchange, Justine. These stitched gifts and goodies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice idea :-) Lovely exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Justine

    What a lovely swap and such a pretty biscornu too.
    I think the one you sent is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful biscornu! Both of them. The goodies are wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely exchange Justine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks Justine for the wonderful biscornu you made for me (I'm very fond of it !) félicitations à Albéna qui a su bien te gâter aussi mais tu le méritais bien
    merci encore amitiés stacy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are gorgeous! What a wonderful exchange!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely exchange and beautiful goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are just gorgeous. true treasures both given and received :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are so pretty and feel so Christmasy! I have yet to attempt a biscornu (they look scary to finish off haha). Enjoy your goodies~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful exchanges Justine I bet your boys are getting excited xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic exchange - both of those are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - I could stitch one, but the finishing is WAY beyond my skill set!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow.. fantastic exchange.. both are beautiful and elegant looking.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful exchange. Both are such pretty pieces.

    ReplyDelete