Sunday, 2 November 2014

Mega Mini Monthly Madness - The Return! Post 1

I had so much fun with the MMMM SAL hosted by Pull the Other Thread in October that I am continuing into November - the only condition being that I host it!


There are eleven of us joining in so far, but there is still time to sign-up - just head to the bottom of this post before November 5th if you want to stitch along with us!  There is a prize on offer for one lucky stitcher at the end of the month.

I have changed the rules slightly as I was a bit late offering this SAL.  You now only have to post four times in November to be eligible for the prize draw, not five as previously stated.  One observant SALer noticed that you would have to have posted yesterday in order to fit five weekly posts into November.  Oops!

I will be emailing all the participants to let them know of this change.

Here's my ninth finish for October...
Decorating the Tree by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe
stitched on 28 count mystery linen with VMSS threads

My plan for October was to reduce this bag of magazine cover kits...


There were 18 cover kits in there.  I've just recounted them and there are still 13!  I'm not sure how that happened as I had 9 mini finishes in October...

I've decided that I am only going to stitch the ones I really like and am going to get rid of the rest.  The materials included are not of great quality and I don't think I could take another month of stitching under stress, worrying if there will be enough thread included to finish the stitching!

Here's one mini that I will be pleased to finish as I have spent lots of time reverse stitching this one...
Helz Cuppleditch freebie from WOCS magazine
On 14 count white aida with included threads

I also started younger son's Christmas bookmark this week...
Red Dragon Bookmark by Dracolair Creations
Stitched on 28 count Cashel linen Pewter Grey
with recommended DMC threads

I think this is the hardest thing I have ever stitched.  It is full of fractionals and blended threads, and it is so difficult to count!  The linen is lovely to work on but I'm not sure the final effect will be worth all the effort.  It's good to challenge oneself every once in a while though eh?

Look what fell through the letterbox yesterday!
[picture borrowed from CCN website]

Isn't it gorgeous?  So that will be my next start for the month.

Why not come to join us stitching minis for the month? Sign-up here.

Justine

18 comments:

  1. Hi Justine -
    I had to drop out in October because my MIL had a stroke. I plan to get back into it today. Thanks for setting this up again. IT would be great fun to do this every month and have a new hostess each time.

    Stitching helps ease my mind.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...as tempted as I am to join you, I am going to pass this month. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I'm tempted to join but with my weekends full for the next three weeks and reports due, I think I'll have to pass. But I do love watching everyone's mini finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with hosting MMMM for the month. And good luck learning to count - even with the best will in the world 18 minus 9 does not equal 13 (unless, like me, you can do creative accounting!) Can't wait to see what you're going to stitch in November and what your bag of cover kits will look like at the end of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, you're a no reply blogger so I hope you see this. I intend to be rid of the cover kits by the end of November...one way or another!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the adorable finish Justine. I love the two that you are working on. Good luck this month with the mini's and get lots finished.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little kitty cup!!

    I think maybe the patterns are multiplying in the bag. Better separate them before you wind up with more than when you started. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just signed up. Good luck with your minis! I like the bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm. That dragon bookmark is on my list of future projects, but you're scaring me off a little bit. I'll be interested to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow love your sweet stitching so much..
    cute santa..
    hugs and smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  10. More fantastic mini's Good luck with the book mark. It looks wonderful so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm annoyed really but have to pass on the offer sadly... too much to stitch and so little time!!!
    Love Helz little kitty, it looks really sweet. She always come up with the cutest designs :) Have fun with the MMMM this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those smalls look great; I'm out for MMMM this month, but I enjoy watching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your last finish! Your two WIPs are fantastic. Love the bookmark. I don't like working on linen either. I'm an evenweave girl all the way. Love your new piece and look forward to watching it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super stitching idea Justine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what lovely photos Justine I love the Decorating the Tree xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely stitching Justine. Good luck for the SAL.

    I signed up for the CCN ornaments in the end. Only just done it and probably shouldn't have lol!

    ReplyDelete