Sunday, 9 November 2014

Mega Mini Month Madness - November part 2



I would like to start this post with a sincere thank you to everyone who commented or emailed me to offer the missing floss for the lovely chart gifted by Thoeria.  I thanked you all individually (I hope) but I just wanted to do it publicly too as I was overwhelmed by the generosity of so many.  Stitchers are really the best people!

I still haven't started Mini Christmas Mailbox (and here it is in all its gorgeousness just in case you missed it the first time!)

It is now singing Christmas carols to me from the bag I've kitted it up in.  Only the quiet ones so far but I'm sure O Come All Ye Faithful can't be far away!

Mega Mini Month Madness is well underway for November.  There are fifteen of us stitching along and you can find a list of blogs at the end of my post here.  Nearly all of the stitchers have posted one update and some are on their second.  Go and check out their blogs for some mini goodness!

I have of course been stitching on minis too and have a little finish to share with you...


This is a Helz Cuppleditch design which was a cover kit with World of Cross Stitching Magazine.  The backstitch is really effective but a nightmare to stitch on 14 count aida with split stitches everywhere!  But I think it's turned out OK.

Speaking of nightmares, remember my red dragon bookmark?


Here it is in all its fiendish glory.  This is most definitely the hardest piece I have ever stitched.  Almost every stitch was blended and I've never stitched a piece with so many different fractionals.  I had to stop with the backstitch as it was making my eyes squiffy even with my LED lamp.  I will be so glad when it's finished, but this could be a while as I'm waiting for some strong sunshine to stitch in!

I put it aside for a while to work on this...


The second in the new CCN Christmas Ornaments range.  As always from CCN this is a pleasure to stitch.

That's all from me for this week but I'll be back with more mini updates soon.

Justine

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching and lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was in two minds whether to sign up or not to your mini maddness... see yes I would love to stitch small things but I know I am useless of keeping track of things.. and having to post on certain days I know would just not happen! I thought about marking a calendar... would you send out reminders? lol like your not busy doing other things!ha ha If I can make it work I would love to join in :)
    Your stitching minis are delightful and I love them :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, blended and fractional stitches make my head spin! I'm slowly working on a Teresa Wentzler, its almost all blended and fractional and I find my HAEDs to be a refreshing break! Good luck with that bookmark, it is turning out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little cat stitch so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww the cat is so cute :) lovely little finish. Good progress on your other pieces. The red bookmark does look a challenging one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful stitching, love the little cat and really love the Christmas chart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Justine

    Lovely stitching, especially the kitty!
    Wishing you a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Justine.,...thats bookmark is so beautiful!! It's well worth all those infernal fractionals believe me!! Love the Kitty too :) I know....backstitch on aida.....why oh why do we torture ourselves :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching! The bookmark looks fantastic...you're doing a great job slaying it;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute little crosses, I love Helz's little cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the finishes! The dragon bookmark is stunning. I know what you mean about backstitching with split stitches-major headache! Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stitching! I love that bookmark, but I can imagine how difficult it'd be to backstitch. Congrats on the finishes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dragon bookmark is absolutely gorgeous. I love dragons so I really appreciate it a lot. I've did a Teresa Wentzler and her pieces were the same way. She does gorgeous dragons and I will never do another one. I don't enjoy the stress of stitching them. The finished one hanging on my wall will be enough haha. Love your minis. Keep up that beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Justine ! The Haed pattern You get is just amazing I really can understand that You would like to start it soon! You have done so many pretty stitching I especially like the CCN pattern you have started.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your progress!
    I have that bookmark, too, and I've just been terrified to start on it. I used to do TWs and Dracolairs with no problem, but these days I just want to relax more in my stitching, and I find those too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those minis and that HAED is going to be fantastic. I am too late to join in with the MMMM this month but do you think it will carry on? It's something I would love to be involved in..
    Thank you for visiting my blog.. I am so glad you did or I wouldn't have seen about the MMMM!
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the adorable finish Justine. Nice progress on the dragon. Love your new start. I am thinking about getting that HAED chart.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh the dragon is going to be great if your eyes survive it! Here's hoping for some strong sunshine, if it ever happens in gloomy November. And that little kitty is so cute. I'm a weirdo who likes backstitching and this uses it so effectively!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great finish Justine. at dragon looks absolutely amazing, all your hard work is certainly paying off. Love your new CCN Ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree on the bookmark, I have that one too in my pile of UFOs... It's beautiful and I'm sure that some day I will finish it. Can't wait to see your Jingle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, I love that little cat. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All of your progress is gorgeous, as usual.... but my fingers are itching too see your Christmas Mailbox start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous, love the dragon. Not too sure I would fancy fractionals AND blending, but the effect is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I've been thinking about that mailbox for so long now.. It really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dang -- he may be a pain, but that dragon is AMAZING! And, I'm not even a cat person but yours is adorable! congrats

    ReplyDelete