Thursday, 20 November 2014

Mega Mini Month Madness Month 2 Part 2

Just in case you thought I had abandoned MMMM - I haven't!  I've been busy working on a biscornu for the Christmas Biscornu Exchange hosted by Mii Stitch.  It's now finished and ready to go in the post.  I'm pretty sure my exchange partner doesn't read my blog but just in case she does, I won't show it until I know it's been received.

I can show you however my latest CCN finish from the Classic Ornament Series.

Dear Santa by CCN
Stitched on recommended 32 count linen with DMC 
and Classic Colorworks thread

It needs a date with the iron, and some proper finishing off, but the cross stitching is all done.  It was a lovely quick stitch.

Not so my Red Dragon Bookmark, which is so hard I am having to do the backstitch in stages!

Red Dragon Bookmark
by Dracolair Creations
Stitched on 32 count grey linen
with DMC threads

Almost finished thankfully, then I will be searching the internet for tutorials on how to finish bookmarks.  And tossing the pattern into the bin!  It is very detailed and involves lots of fractionals and backstitch.  I'm sure it will be lovely when finished but it is giving me serious eye strain.

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments on my last blog post.  If you didn't see it then please at least read the comments at the bottom.  It's really interesting how differently we all approach the same hobby.  Thanks too for sticking with me, I will try not to let my blog become too boring as I desperately try to reduce my WIP list!

Until next time

Justine

25 comments:

  1. looking forward too seeing what you stitched for your exchange :)
    Love your latest CCN finish, its so cute. WOW!! Such a lot of work gone into your little book mark.. your red dragon is brilliant.
    I love popping in on your blog.. love what you stitch too.
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the CCN finish. The dragon bookmark is so cool, even if it's making you cross-eyed. Lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CCN finish Justine.
    The bookmark will look amazing when backstitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is NEVER EVER boring!!! A real gem, I love reading what you're up to... wips or no wips :D
    Looking forward to admire your biscornu!!
    Love the little Christmassy finish and the dragon bookmark really look amazing. So much details!! Keep at it, it's nearly done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish, Justine :-) And hang in there with the bookmark; it'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching every thing looks just great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bookmark looks great! And all those christmas ornaments I see everyone (and I really do mean everyone) doing is making me want to fast forward until christmas eve :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a finish which is darling... and a on a dragon which will magically finish itself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a cute little Christmas finish, and Dragon Bookmark is coming along well. You just need to be able to congratulate yourself that you are sticking with it and not tossing it into a UFO pile... we all are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the adorable finish Justine. The bookmark looks great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Urgh - I hate fractional stitches! But the dragon looks fab.
    I love the CCN finish - I will have to look up that series, it's new to me. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boring? Get out of here! Definitely not boring!

    Your stitching is looking beautiful as always. The bookmark is wonderful. I saw a really good bookmark tutorial recently and will see if I can find it again for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the finish! I'm not a mini stitcher but seeing your pieces makes me want to be haha. Love your bookmark! It's just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now how could watching stitching grow ever be boring? Great Christmas finish:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely finish, Justine !! I guess everybody, sometimes, write about their thoughts on activities that we do, what we like or not. So that's not boring. It is interesting to read and it's good that we all are free to exchange thoughts with each other. I also wrote a post about comments, I don't worry about it...just shared how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. che bellezza, il segnalibro è magico

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol Justine...I don't think your blog would ever become boring!
    Cute little finish....and I'm still loving that dragon bookmark - the eye strain is worth it! It is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing how you decide to finish it off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Justine

    A lovely finish and the bookmark is great!
    You could never have a boring blog so don't worry about that!
    Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful stitching! Congrats on the finish :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can do it, you can do it!! The dragon will come alive with backstitching! I don't think your blog can ever become boring! You will be working towards your goals and that's always amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on the finish Justine - your bookmark looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with Sharine, watching stitching grow can never be boring. I love the red dragon bookmark. I think the projects that cause us the most grief always turn out to be the most beautiful when finished. I love it. Keep going you can do it stunner! xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Justine I forgot to mention in my previous comments. Caitlin just blogged a tutorial about finishing her bookmark. Here's the link:
    http://mangogirl-naughtscrossstitches.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/cross-stitch-bookmark.html
    It might at least give you some ideas.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally agree, stitch how you like! I tried the CJC one year and gave up after a few days because it just wasn't for me. Your blog won't be any less interesting, believe me. <3

    ReplyDelete