Thursday, 6 November 2014

A gift from Thoeria

I just wanted to share with you the lovely gift I received from Thoeria of My Little Corner of Cyberspace fame last week.

Mini Christmas Mailbox by Ruth Sanderson for HAED
[Picture from HAED website]

Isn't it lovely?  I had been admiring it on Tricia's blog The Stamper's Stitches and Thoeria noticed my comment and very generously gifted me with it.

Thank you Thoeria!  I will think of you with every stitch.

I already had a lot of the required floss as I am slowly building up my DMC collection, but I ordered the flosses where there was a full skein or more required, to make sure that there are no unwanted dye lot changes!  Elder son and I had lots of fun on Saturday winding the threads onto bobbins.  He was surprisingly good at putting the floss stickers on the bobbins and finding the correct thread!  Here is my box about three quarters done...

Neat floss makes me really happy!

Unfortunately the floss which is used in the very top corner, where I like to start, was out of stock when I ordered it, and now appears to have gone missing in the post!  So I'm not able to start yet.

I just noticed that the house number is 27 - I might have to try to change that as our house number is 127!  I'm sure I could sneak a one onto the sign.  Unfortunately it doesn't look anything like our house but I can dream!

I wonder if I could start it as part of Mega Mini Month Madness, well it is a mini after all!

Thank you again Thoeria, my friend.

Justine

25 comments:

Sally said...

Hello Justine

A lovely design and a lovely present (:

Rachel Tomkins said...

You are very lucky to be gifted this beautiful design with a house and garden most of us can only dream of! As for starting it as a mini for MMMM... that's cheeky - although I would like to see you try to finish it as an ornament for your Christmas tree!!!! :)

Jacquie Morris said...

Oooh that is wonderful... such a pretty design...
It will look amazing when done :)
Smiles :)

Mii Stitch said...

Hi Justine,
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog ;) I definitely think I need a new start too... but will I get bored and not finish it???
Theoria has been a real sweetie!!! This is a truly wonderful and magical design.
You already have a lot of the required threads (don't get me started on those!!) and I'm sure it must be really tempting to start it. As you say, it is a MINI :D Any excuses really :D Big hugs to you xoxox

Irene said...

che bel regalo, sarà bellissimo!

Pull the other thread said...

Lovely design, looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

Katie said...

Beautiful! I wish you lots and lots of luck with it. I look forward to watching it grow with you.

Thoeria said...

I'm so very pleased that you like it :) I think your reasoning makes sense......it's called a Mini isn't it?! :D BUT....you'd have to finish in the MMMM month :D How's that for a challenge??!

Caitlin D said...

What a wonderful gift! I wish you much luck. Those HAED designs are so detailed! I'll be looking forward to the progress photos of this one. :-)

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Oh, how sweet of her!!!!! I'll have a stitching partner now!! I've started on mine, but haven't gotten too far yet. There's LOTS of pink in the top corner where I started, and I can only do it for awhile before I need to switch to something with color. : ) It goes pretty quickly, though, and I can't wait to see it come to life!

Tricia

cucki said...

Great design..
Happy stitching xx

Preeti said...

Lovely gift from Thoeria:)

homeschooljewelrymom said...

How sweet :-) Such a pretty pattern. I hope you have fun with it. I like to keep my floss wound like that too.

butterfly said...

Lovely gift ,stitching friends are so kind .

Linda said...

Beautiful chart from Thoeria. She is such a sweet friend.

Linda

Michelle said...

Its lovely Justine - what thread are you missing - I have the full set and a few spares I could send it to you x

Stitching Angel said...

Love your gift, it's great that you can make it your own house number too.

rosey175 said...

That's a lovely gift! I'm a little skeptical at HaED "mini's" LOL. I guess when compared to the full-sized things they are small but eek! I think you can totally squeeze a 1 in there. :D

Sarah in Stitches said...

I finally made my way to your blog! Yay! It's a beautiful chart. Good luck with the flosses! :D

Miamina said...

What a lovely gift! Stitcher's really are the sweetest people! What colour is it you are missing to make a start? I can have a look and see if I have a spare skein for you.

Steph said...

That's beautiful! Happy stitching. xox

RuthB said...

Totally cool !!!!! Definitely add that "1" -- it'll be perfect. Now, I am a little concerned about your mental state.... "mini"?????? lol

Andrea said...

Beautiful ... I'm looking forward to your progress.

Justine said...

Just think of all the money I'd save on tree decorations! Maybe by Christmas 2024...

Justine said...

I only just spotted the house number as I was posting this! So cool.