Monday, 27 October 2014

Mega Mini Monthly Madness post 4

I can't believe October is almost over!  It doesn't seem long since I signed up for the MMMM SAL challenge - to stitch on mini projects throughout October and post 5 times in the month.  I planned to post every Friday but was ill so am a bit late posting.  Nothing serious but it kept me away from my needle and my laptop for a couple of days!

Anyway, I have a couple of minis to share...

Bookworm bookmark kit by Vervaco
Stitched on included 14 count white aida with DMC threads

This was a lovely fun stitch.  I tend not to stitch on 14 count aida any more but it was nice and I think gives a clean, sharp finish.  I am putting this away for a Christmas gift to be included with books for my elder son (aged 6).

I have almost finished this...
Decorating the Tree by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe
Using VMSS hand-dyed threads and a mystery piece of evenweave

This was one of my Crazy January Challenge 2014 pieces and I hadn't picked it up since the day I put the first few stitches in.  For some reason I didn't like it, I think I just had new start fatigue as it was project 13 of 15.  However, I have worked on this for a couple of evenings now and really love it.  The threads are a dream to work with, sliding easily through the fabric and giving great coverage.  Though I don't tend to stitch much in the primitive style, I am looking forward to completing this tonight and then finishing as suggested in the kit into a small hanger for Christmas.

My big finish this week was this...
Halloween Mystery SAL 2014 by stitchersanon
Stitched on Polstitches stormy skies 28 count evenweave
in DMC 310, 3 over 2.

I was so proud of myself for keeping up with this SAL!  It was a weekly SAL in 12 parts and I just loved every stitch.  It was relaxing to do as I chose to stitch as recommended in DMC 310 throughout.  I had a few issues at first as I decided to stitch landscape on my fabric instead of portrait (didn't read the instructions properly) and then after frogging quite a lot of the header and restarting, I decided the coverage of 2 over 2 wasn't good enough so frogged again and restitched 3 over 2.  But I am thrilled with it, I love the fabric and the design, especially the cute spider and ghost!

If anyone has any good suggestions for how I can finish it simply and quickly so I can display it on Friday, I'm all ears!

Well, I'd better get back to my minis, only 4 more days to go!

Before I do go, would there be any interest in continuing the Mega Mini Monthly Madness into November?  I've been discussing this with the current host over at Pull the Other Thread.  She isn't able to continue hosting into November due to other stitching commitments, but she has suggested that I continue into next month and that if there is enough interest we keep passing it along each month!  If you would be interested in joining me next month, please leave a comment below, and if there is enough interest then I will set up a proper grown-up linky thing on my blog so that we can continue seamlessly into November!

Hope your needles are flying this week, mine certainly are!

Justine

15 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finishes Justine!
The Halloween SAL is just fantastic :)
Will pass on the offer as we are getting too close to Christmas and I know I won't be able to stitch as much as I tend too...

Heather Bybee said...

Great finish I love that fabric! I won't participate simply because I don't have any minis to stitch but good luck!

RuthB said...

I am definitely having needle-speed envy! Wow--- congrats. I'm glad this bookmark didn't cause you all the problems the last one did. Now, where's that dragon one? I want to see it--- love them dragons. :)

Congrats on the Halloween finish -- for speed if you are a sewer, I'd go with making it a fabric banner. If not, maybe hand stitch it on to felt for the same banner effect but without the need of a machine?

I'd love to continue Mini-ing with you if you decide to go for it.

Justine said...

Hi Ruth, you're a no-reply blogger so I hope you see this. Thanks for your suggestion as to how to finish my Halloween sampler, I have a machine but I'm no expert so will have a look on Youtube and hope to find some instructions! I hope we have others join us for more Mini madness in November!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've had a couple of great finishes!

Becca said...

That bookworm is just too cute!

Brita said...

Love your bookmark and your mini-sampler is going to be great, too.

I'd love to continue the MMMM in November. I did have a good run up until I fell ill, too, and I've got a couple of Christmas ornaments/cards that need doing. So, yes, if you are going to host it I'd love to participate.

(Sorry if this posted twice; I keep having trouble with my Google account)

cucki said...

the bookmark is so cute..
and your other stitching are so lovely too..
big hugs x

Julie said...


Fabulous bookworm, love it. The sal looks wonderful.

Rachel Tomkins said...

The bookmark is just so cute and your other stitching is gorgeous too! I like your idea of hosting the MMMM for November and then the batton being passed on each month to a different blogger. I won't join in just yet, but maybe sometime next year after I have started my 31 DUCJC projects! :)

Preeti said...

Your bookmark is very cute :)
Halloween finish looks great!
I may not be able to join the mini link party because I am irregular in my updates.

Shannon Meyer said...

I'd be will to continue on into November as well. I'll follow your blog so I will see if you decide to do this or not:)

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Hi Justine :-) I wasn't able to participate in this month's MMM, but would love to join in for November if you host it. Great finishes!

Katie said...

Love your finishes. I'm horrible at finishing my finishes so good luck!

Shebafudge said...

OH wow!!! Your SAL piece is gorgeous! I am still on part one of mine. I will finish it one day though!