Friday, 10 October 2014

Mega Mini Monthly Madness Post 2

I'm enjoying Mega Mini Monthly Madness!  This is a really fun SAL organised by Pull The Other Thread in which we work on minis all month and post our progress each week.

My own personal challenge was to reduce some of my stash of magazine cover kits.

So, here's my progress for the week...


Margaret Sherry Christmas Mice
from World of Cross Stitching magazine

Emily Peacock bookmark
from Cross Stitcher magazine

And I also found these cute reindeer in my stash which just needed finishing into cards!

I was quite disappointed with the Emily Peacock bookmark.  The piece of aida included in the kit wasn't big enough to stitch all of the design, and the cardboard bookmark backing included wasn't long enough either.  I love the colours and enjoyed stitching it but this made it a disappointing project over all.

Next out of the bag is another World of Cross Stitching one from earlier in the year.  I don't think I am going to get them all finished as I'd hoped, as I had 18 kits (now 16) but I am enjoying these quick stitches.

I also caved in and signed up for autoship of the CCN Classic Ornaments Collection, and finished my first one last week.


I haven't finish finished it yet.  As always this was a lovely stitch.

In another news I am keeping up with the Halloween SAL arranged by Stitchers Anon.  There are 21 of us in this SAL.  I will share a photo in my next post but in the meantime if you can, head over to Stitchers Anon and enter her fantastic raffle in aid of breast cancer research.  There are some wonderful prizes, some of which have been handmade by fantastic stitchers.

Hope you are all well and getting lots of stitchy time!

Justine

20 comments:

  1. Oooh the little mice turned out so cute!!! I'm a step closer to stitch mine, I actually got everything ready :) I did stitch the little reindeer last year, I think they look just perfect :) Have a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those MS Mice! Do you happen to know which magazine they were from? I might have to look for one on Ebay!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas mice and reindeer! All your finishes look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great mini progress so far Justine. The mice are really cute. The bookmark looks great but I can understand why it made a disappointing project to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made lots of progress. Cute finishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a lot of progress! It's a shame the bookmark was a bit disappointing; it looks so fun though! And those angels are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! Someone bought the special turbo-charged needles I guess. Whew-- all your progress makes me tired (and jealous). congrats--- and even though the bookmark disappointed, it looks very nice. We'll never tell is was supposed to be longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love those little mice and the deer Justine. Fantastic job and your getting so many done.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of your finishes! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love them all. That is disappointing about the bookmark but it turned out really cute. Keep up that gorgeous stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of wonderful stitching Justine. The reindeer are terribly cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work Justine I adore the Angels on High one xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, I love all the minis, I am getting ready to start my second today. Plan to do lost of stitching and watch football with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great great stitches Justine!! Love the MS mice :) Her pieces are always so cute and just screams stitch me!!
    I can understand your disappointment with the cover kit ....my gripe is about the same,,,,they either have just about enough supplies in them to finish it....or they have really shoddy threads that knot and break ....very frustrating! But you did great with the bookmark :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow....you had a very productive week! What great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such sweet finishes, the little mice and reindeer are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Justine, they are so so sweet, your Margaret Sherry mice. I do love all her designs but these mice are so very special. And so are the reindeer. These magazine kits are not bad. Besides the bookmark one. The design is very lovely but not the fact that the supplies provided weren't big enough. That's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are all really cute, even if the bookmark was a bit of a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Justine ! je reconnais une des ces charmantes petites souris, trop craquante merci mille fois ! amitiés

    ReplyDelete