Tuesday, 16 September 2014

One Lovely Blog Award

What a lovely surprise I received today...an award for my blog! Thank you to Mii Stitch for my nomination. I am absolutely thrilled!


This award is apparently doing the rounds on the ole interweb! The rules are as follows:

1. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate bloggers you admire.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.

So...here goes! Many many thanks to you Mii for this lovely award. It means such a lot especially coming from you as your blog is one I love and admire very much! Your finishes are always perfect. Mii has recently set up a shop on Etsy selling some of her finishes. Go and take a look...they're gorgeous! Link here.

Right, on to 7 things about myself. As this is a stitching blog, I am going to stick to cross stitch facts -  mainly because I lead a very dull existence!

1. My first cross stitch project was a Valentine's card for my then boyfriend back in 1990. The hobby lasted much longer than the boyfriend!

2. My first big project was this one.


I started it while my parents were on a two week holiday, thinking I would have it finished by the time they returned. It took me over a year to complete.

3. I only used to stitch large projects and only ever used white 18 count aida as that was all that was sold in the art shop in my home town, which was the only place I knew which sold stitching supplies.

4. My first piece on evenweave was a Teresa Wentzler Castle which was huge and involved blending colours in the needle. I didn't know it was meant to be difficult to use evenweave and I didn't find it any harder than aida!

5. Until I discovered cross stitch blogs last year, I only ever stitched on one project at once, and only bought my next project when I had finished the current one i.e. I had no stash!

6. I now have enough stash to last me at least ten years.

7. My husband hates all handmade things and insists on referring to my stitching as "knitting". I have to hang up my pictures while he is out. He never comments on them!

Phew, now that's done I need to nominate bloggers I admire. A hard task as there are so many of you! I am going to nominate two stitchers who always leave lovely comments on my blog and have been a big support to me (maybe without realising it!) since I started blogging. Their blogs are both warm and chatty and feature a variety of projects so there's always lots of gorgeous eye candy!

Congratulations to Shebafudge and to Katie who are recipients of the One Lovely Blog Award! I look forward to learning more about you!

No stitchy updates from me as I'm busy stitching for exchanges but I will be back soon!

Until next time

Justine

22 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying reading these posts with the awards. It is lovely to learn more about our blogging friends. Not happy with your hubby though: he is very lucky to have you ;-). Gosh, its a downwards spiral when we go from no stash to ten years worth rofl. A lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that wedding dress was my first big project too! I think I stitched it in 1990 (aged 14!). My husband refers to my stitching as 'knitting' too. And he calls needles 'pins'. I don't mind though, he never questions how much I spend each month on my crafting! ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gone downhill myself as I was just like you, no stash and no WIPs! Did you finish the TW design? It's nice to learn more about a fellow blogger. Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Your first project is very beautiful:) it was nice to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a chuckle at comment 5 - I think most stitchers can so relate to that! No stash and no idea what the word WIP meant until the *bad* influence* of blogs :D
    That first project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Mii! I sure enjoyed reading more about you. My first project I stitched was a Paula Vaughn design too. Your is lovely.
    I too am with you on comment #5. I only had known adia 14, 16, 18 that was it! Love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Justine, you deserve it!!! I always enjoy reading your posts... and this latest one too :) Yes, no stash until we discover blog world... I'm the same :) Well, we're all the same :D Enjoy stitching your secret projects, hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award! Lots of great stitchy facts about yourself there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Justine

    Congrats on your award and I enjoyed reading about you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your award! It's fascinating to learn little snippets about fellow stitchers. The www is such a wonderfully bad influence so I'm really glad you're enjoying the blogging (and stashing) experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the award, you certainly do have a lovely blog. Loved learning more about you. Hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Justine. I loved learning a little more about you and your stitching.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may need a new husband! Keep on knitting lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog, look forward to following your blog and seeing your lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the compliment! I love finding blogs to read. I love finding friends I would have never met if it wasn't for stitching and blogging. I'm so thankful I found you. I will work on my post soon. Just got back from a mini vacation and trying to catch up.

    It was fun reading about who you are. I wish your husband was different though. He should appreciate what he has and care about whatever makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done on your award Justine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your award Justine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your award! So funny that I had a similar beginning with cross stitch...stitched one at a time, no stash, then with blogging, loads of stash and multiple projects on the go! I had to laugh at your husband calling it knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two weeks. lol Sorry, I'm going to be chuckling on that for the afternoon.

    See you at he Mega Mini page -- those shouldn't take us a year... though I admit to being a really slow stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great facts Justine, thanks for sharing. Before blogging, I only ever used aida too, but now I have a whole range of fabric to play with!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete