This award is apparently doing the rounds on the ole interweb! The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate bloggers you admire.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
So...here goes! Many many thanks to you Mii for this lovely award. It means such a lot especially coming from you as your blog is one I love and admire very much! Your finishes are always perfect. Mii has recently set up a shop on Etsy selling some of her finishes. Go and take a look...they're gorgeous! Link here.
Right, on to 7 things about myself. As this is a stitching blog, I am going to stick to cross stitch facts - mainly because I lead a very dull existence!
1. My first cross stitch project was a Valentine's card for my then boyfriend back in 1990. The hobby lasted much longer than the boyfriend!
2. My first big project was this one.
3. I only used to stitch large projects and only ever used white 18 count aida as that was all that was sold in the art shop in my home town, which was the only place I knew which sold stitching supplies.
4. My first piece on evenweave was a Teresa Wentzler Castle which was huge and involved blending colours in the needle. I didn't know it was meant to be difficult to use evenweave and I didn't find it any harder than aida!
5. Until I discovered cross stitch blogs last year, I only ever stitched on one project at once, and only bought my next project when I had finished the current one i.e. I had no stash!
6. I now have enough stash to last me at least ten years.
7. My husband hates all handmade things and insists on referring to my stitching as "knitting". I have to hang up my pictures while he is out. He never comments on them!
Phew, now that's done I need to nominate bloggers I admire. A hard task as there are so many of you! I am going to nominate two stitchers who always leave lovely comments on my blog and have been a big support to me (maybe without realising it!) since I started blogging. Their blogs are both warm and chatty and feature a variety of projects so there's always lots of gorgeous eye candy!
Congratulations to Shebafudge and to Katie who are recipients of the One Lovely Blog Award! I look forward to learning more about you!
No stitchy updates from me as I'm busy stitching for exchanges but I will be back soon!
Until next time