Monday, 11 August 2014

Some finishes

I'm excited to share a few little finishes with you!  So let's get down to business.

The Boys are back in Town by JABCO
Stitched on a tatty piece of 30 count linen with recommended
WDW, Crescent Colours and GAST threads
Started 11/1/14, finished 10/8/14

I bought this at Harrogate last year as a "kit" from Nimble Thimble which included fabric and buttons.  I later found out that it was a free chart to be given with the buttons.  The fabric didn't seem great quality and nowhere near as nice as the display picture which was on WDW Graphite 30 count linen but I knew I wouldn't use the fabric for anything else and waste not want not!  I'm quite pleased with how this turned out.

Halloween Freebie by Stitchers Anon
Stitched on 32 count Permin linen in Riviera Olive
Started 8/8/14, finished 10/8/14

This is a freebie given as a little teaser of the mystery Halloween SAL organised by Stitchers Anon.  Part 1 is out today but I haven't had time to download it yet.  We have been really spoiled as we've had four free charts already!  There is a competition for anyone who finishes the cat to name it.  I have got my entry ready and will be sending it soon!

Here's my final little finish...
Fairy Magic by Joan Elliott
Free with WOCS magazine
Stitched on 14 count white aida with pink spots with
recommended DMC threads

I saw this on Mii Stitch's blog and knew I wanted to stitch it straight away.  She has finished it up beautifully - go and have a look!

Now I'm off to finish finish my piece for the Tutti Frutti exchange organised by Mii.  Can't wait to put my little parcel together and send it on its way!

Until next time

Justine

20 comments:

Annie said...

Cute stitching! I love the mummy in The Boys Are Back in Town!

Annie said...

Hello Justine

What great finishes - the Joan Elliott one is so sweet!
Have a good week (:

Jacquie Morris said...

WOW!! You have been busy!!
Love all of your finished stitches... oooh cannot wait to see what you stitched for Mii's Tutti Fruity exchange :)
smiles :)

Michelle said...

Hello Justine - lovely finishes. Remind me when we meet up to mention Nimble Thimble to you xx

stitchersanon said...

Wow, gorgeous stitching. Love the Boys finish and the cat is very cute xxx

Beth said...

The buttons on "Boys" are just a kick! I'll bet it was a fun piece to stitch.

Barb said...

Great finishes. "The Boys is such a cute project! Love those buttons!

Linda said...

Congrats on all the adorable finishes Justine. Love the colors in Fairy Magic.

Linda

Thoeria said...

Congrats on your finishes Justine! The "Boys" look like it was agreat fun stitch :) How many left before your next new start?

Julie said...

Super finish, love the JE fairy too.

Mii Stitch said...

Great finishes! You have been busy with your needle :)
I really like the mummy on the boys are back in town. The stitches really look like bandages, it looks fantastic!
I told you, your fairy looks delightful!!! I really think JE's choice of colours is spot on.
I'm going to finish my Tutti Frutti Swap today too. So it should reach your letterbox pretty soon.
Have a wonderful day xoxo

cucki said...

wow they all so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee.i love them so much.
sweet hugs x

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching. Love the finishes!!!

Pull the other thread said...

Amazing finishes. Well done they all look wonderful.

Bekca said...

Beautiful stitching Justine, I think the darling fairy is my favourite :)
Best wishes.

Annette-California said...

Congrats on your Wonderful finishes! Yep its beginning to look a lot like Halloween.
love Annette

Zurainny Ismail said...

Wonderful designs. The Boys are Back In Town looks hillarious & Halloween Freebie threat brings a smile to my face! :D

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Justine.

Brigitte said...

The Boys are Back in Town, what a funny design this is. When I hear this line it always makes me think of the song (which has nothing to do with Halloween, I think, lol). I wonder how you will finish it. And such a lovely little fairy, she's so cute.

Diann said...

I hadn't seen The Boys are Back in Town before. It's great, and I've already looked up where I can purchase it. While looking, I also saw Girl's Night Out. I expect to put in an order for both of them later today.