Friday, 22 August 2014

New friends and a finish!

I have been busy and my passion is for smalls at the moment.  Unfortunately most of my WIPs are not small, so a new start and finish was required...





Miss Peepers by Little House Needleworks
Stitched on Zweigart 28 count Cashel Linen Cream
with recommended DMC, GAST and CC threads

I think this is one of my favourite ever stitches.  The colours were lovely to work with and she has stitched up beautifully.  I may attempt a pinkeep finish rather than a pillow as I would like to display her on the wall.

You may have seen over on Michelle's blog that we had a meet-up at Legoland in Windsor this week.  We were both there celebrating the birthday of our younger sons, which coincidentally were on the same day!  It was the first time I have met with a fellow stitcher/blogger and I am happy to say we were soon chatting like old friends!
That's me on the left with Michelle on the right

I was the lucky winner of a giveaway from Michelle and she was able to hand this over in person.  Her work is even more exquisite in real life! (Michelle I have borrowed your photo - hope you don't mind)


I recently discovered a new-to-me blog, cross stitch angel and as I voted on which project she should start next, she very kindly sent me a lovely gift as a thank you.

Angel magnet, Anchor threads and a birdy notebook

If you haven't visited her blog yet, you are missing out!  She has some lovely projects on the go including HAED and Mirabilia, and her finishes page is worth a look too.

Right, well now I'm off to shop the stash page and find something else "small" to stitch!

Until next time

Justine

18 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Beautiful finish. Sounds like you had a day with Michelle. Stunning gifts you received.

Jacquie Morris said...

Oooh I simply LOVE your Miss Peepers stitch.. its really lovely. I think one I too would like to stitch and keep... :)
And how lovely you got to meet up with Michelle.. what a lovely gift she hand delivered too! :)
Looking forward to seeing what you stitch next :)
Smiles :)

sharine said...

Such a sweet finish:)

Busy Lizzie said...

very cute

Stitching Angel said...

Hi, glad you got the gift ok, sweet cross stitch.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching , how lovely to meet up with Michelle.

Michelle said...

I love Miss Peepers what a lovely design. It was lovely meeting up with you Justine felt like I had known you for years - enjoy your weekend x

Annie said...

Hello Justine

Miss Peepers is just lovely!
How nice to meet with Michelle and what a lovely giveaway you won.
Thank you for the blog recommendation, I am going there next!
Happy weekend.

cucki said...

Sweet stitching and so sweet to meet up with Michele (:

Brigitte said...

Miss Peepers is a beautiful little Miss and she will look gorgeous finished as a pinkeep. So great that you could meet a fellow stitcher. That's always nice and as a crafter you are never short of topics to talk about.

Bekca said...

Yay! You finished Miss Peepers too! It looks wonderful :) I'm glad you had a nice time meeting up with a stitching friend, what a coincidence you were both celebrating children's birthdays. Can't wait to see what you decide to stitch next.
Best wishes.

Katie said...

Beautiful finish! Enjoy your happy dance. Glad you got to meet a new friend and found a new blog to read. Congrats on your goodies.

Julie said...

Mrs peepers is adorable.
How lovely you and Michelle got on so well. Hope you had a fun time at Legoland.

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Justine.

Linda

Anne said...

Very sweet finish Justine! It's nice to add in some smalls to stitch in between the biggies. How fun to meet up with a fellow blogger! Lovely giveaway you won. Legoland must have been amazing to see!!

Beth said...

How fun ti meet up with a fellow stitcher. I am sure you enjoyed your time together.

Annette-California said...

How wonderful you got to meet with another blogger & stitching friend! Sweet gifts from Michelle. Great photo of the 2 of you:)
Miss Peepers is lovely. love Annette

Kate said...

Miss Peepers is adorable!