Tuesday, 1 July 2014

HAED SAL Update 1 - July 2014

Hi all

Thoeria and I recently started our first HAEDs and decided it would be fun to have a SAL and post our updates on the 1st of each month.  So, here's mine.  I cheated a little bit as I started mine on 30th April so technically I've been stitching for two months, but I have been working on lots of other things as well!

Here's a reminder of what it will look like when finished...


and here's where I am up to, about halfway through page one...


Like most other HAED stitchers, I have started in the top left hand corner.  At the moment I am working in hand but I can't see myself being able to do that once I get further into the middle of the fabric, because it's THIS BIG!!!!!

I love stitching on it, alternating between this and smaller projects.

You may remember I was RAK'd this beautiful chart by Pull the Other Thread recently...

well, the fabric and threads arrived today!  Look at all those gorgeous colours...

The blues top left are my favourites, but there are some lovely bright colours in this one and I can't wait to get started!  I plan to stitch a page of each and keep swapping between them.  I am finding them so much fun!

Another HAED update next month, don't forget to visit Thoeria's blog to see her project which is very different to mine!

Justine

16 comments:

  1. Great progress, Justine! I'm glad you are enjoying it and I can see the draw to start another one!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet progress my dear..
    yummy threads,,
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors arrayed out for the RAK from Pull the Other Thread. So bright and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely stitching and wow it is a big project! Loving the colors in both designs... they will look amazing when both done :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I have just followed Theodara's blog to keep track of her progress to. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous charts and nice progress Justine. I haven't been brave enough to start a HAED yet.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made great progress so far. I don't think I could dedicate my stitching time to such a large project, I admire your stamina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress already on your HAED!! Well done! I love the colours on these, it will be fun to alternate your work. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wohoo beautiful. I just watching HAEDs grow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking lovely Justine! You're doing great with it! Are you going to start the other one as well? I've been thinking of starting a QS or storykeep as well.....madness huh!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A long way to go but those colours are just wonderful and sometimes I just enjoy working with the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful progress! Love those thread colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great start, its looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous lovely bright colours! You could just hang them up as artwork!

    I am really looking forward to following your progress on these two over then next dozen or so years LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow look at all the colours!!! I agree with Jo they are an piece of art in themselves. What a fantastic chart to be RAK'd by such a lovely lady. Have fun with them both, I'm so excited for you...!!!
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Justine, you have mader some really great progress on your HAED piece. And stitching on two HAEDs alternately sound absolutely doable. Enjoy both pieces with all these wonderful bright colours.

    ReplyDelete