Thursday, 17 July 2014

Blue skies and grey stitchings...

Hello everyone

Hope you are all keeping safe in the heatwave we are having in the UK, and probably somewhere else in the world too!  I'm not at work today so it's bearable.

Recently I have mostly been working on this...

Forks and Spoons by Lanarte

This was one of my Crazy January Challenge pieces and I was really looking forward to finishing it - unfortunately now I hate the sight of it as it's just grey grey and more grey - oh and a bit of white thrown in.  I just have to add the metallic (silver grey) and the backstitch (four shades of grey) and then it will be finished!

I am trying to get my WIP list down to ten before having any more new starts.  However, some things in my stash are calling to me, especially this!

Miss Peepers by LHN

The lovely Bekca of Stitching Lion blog has just stitched this - just click on her name to see it.  She changed a few of the colours and I think it looks fantastic!

I thought I "only" had fourteen WIPs on the list but I found another two yesterday.  Here they are...

Jingle as ye Enter by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe

Frosty Forest by CCN

I have added them to my WIP list.  That means I need 6 more finishes before a new start.  Do you think I can hold out?

Be back soon with my Stitch From Stash update!

Justine

21 comments:

  1. Miss Peepers by LHN is just so sweet! I understand why you want to start it :)
    Great work on Forks & Spoons. It might be horrid to stitch with all these shaded of grey but it sure does look great. Well done!!
    I'm one of the unlucky one who has to "work" with this heat.... what more, the ice cream van just jingled his music outside the office!!! The cheek! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mii that's awful! I've been ironing today. It definitely wasn't ironing weather. I will have to start Miss Peepers soon!

      Delete
  2. Oooh yes I love Miss Peepers!! I popped along to Bekca's blog... yes its great! And I am one of her new followers :)
    EEk 14!! ha ha its great!! Do what makes you happy, I do! All your stitching is wonderful...
    Enjoy your hot day off :)
    Smilers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you visited Bekca's blog Jacquie, it's one of my favourites. I don't think I will last long before I *have* to start Miss Peepers!

      Delete
  3. You are better than me cause when I want wait need a new start I just start haha. Your stitching looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. And good for you! Life's too short to wait.

      Delete
  4. great stitching..so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll trade your 16 for my 150 Justine. LOL Great stitching.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't manage 150 Linda! I like finishing too much. You do have some lovely WIPs though!

      Delete
  6. When you get to 116, then you need to worry! Actually if you are happy with them, you don't need to worry at all. Lovely projects on the go. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 116? Really? I'm impressed! I really NEED a new start.

      Delete
  7. I thought I was bad with my WIPs! Lol. Miss Peepers is so cute though so I wouldn't blame you if you did start it!


    I hate this heat! I'd be happier with a few degrees cooler. I'm thankful that I don't have to work in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some great variety in your WIPs. I was thinking the same thing yesterday, I went though my WIPs I have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep to ten WIPs as the subject dividers for my file are numbered 1-10. However, as you can get them from 1-31........ 'nuf said!
    Could you perhaps start Miss Peepers as a reward for finishing Forks and Spoons (which looks really great by the way). It would act as a carrot on a stick, so to speak. Either way, I look forward to seeing it started soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes it is hard to get excited about stitching a WIP, but it always feels good to get one done and move on to something new!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, thanks Justine, I'm really pleased with Miss Peepers too. So pleased in fact, I'm very tempted to start it again! I think you can hold out, just think how much fun it will be to start a whole new batch of designs.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Peepers is adorable, did you resist?? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm, I don't know if YOU can resist starting a new design before finishing a couple of your WIPs. All I know is that I couldn't. LOL. Good luck with your WIP stitching.

    ReplyDelete