Sunday, 22 June 2014

Stitch from Stash June 2014

Hello everyone

Another expensive month this month!  Luckily, Mel has given us an extra £50 to spend this month, once the usual £25 allowance has been used up.  Otherwise I would have been way over budget again this month!

So, this is what I bought....

Thai Dancer by Pinn - younger son's best friend at school's mum is from Thailand and I wanted to stitch this for her...she is such a lovely lady.


April's Daisy from Cottage Garden Samplings (I am buying these from another stitcher as she finishes them) I love each one more than the last! So far I have stitched January's Snowdrop and February's Primrose.


The Snowflower Diaries' Angela - I took advantage of the free postage offer last weekend and ordered the printed copy.  It's beautiful and would be well worth the extra cost over the pdf version.


Then I was RAK'd this beautiful chart by Pull The Other Thread...and so of course I had to order the fabric and thread pack to go with it!


Wow, I'm all shopped out!

I am actually feeling a bit overwhelmed with all my WIPs and stash at the moment so I am hoping to go on a serious stash diet and cut my WIPs down to a more manageable 10.  There are so many things I want to stitch and finish!!

So I've been working on this with a view to getting some of my Crazy January Challenge pieces finished.  I still have 9 to go out of 15.


Here's how it will look when finished.

It's a DMC kit and yes Jo it's on 14 count aida!

I have also finished my gorjuss exchange piece but you will have to wait until July 1st to see it! This exchange was organised by Mii Stitch and I will be sending my goodies to her so do check out her blog on July 1st.

I had a fantastic surprise last night...I went to see Elton John! He was playing at a local rugby ground. My father in law generously let me have his ticket as he wasn't feeling up to it. He was amazing...playing for 2 and a half hours with hardly a break. See if you can spot him in this photo!

We were quite a way back. The music was brilliant anyway.

Until next time

Justine


14 comments:

  1. Looks like you have had fun shopping. I am so jealous that you got to see Elton John. I have loved him since I was a young teenager. I have managed to go to one of his concerts when we lived in Alabama in 1999--ages ago. I would love to see him again. Madman Across the Water is my favorite album. Thanks for sharing.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your new stash!!! Can't wait to receive my Gorjuss exchange :) Lucky you, Elton John in concert must have been a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet new stash and your stitching is so beautiful..
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...Jo will end up with a complex about 14ct white aida...lol. I love what you have bought (and been RAKed) this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elton. How fun. I got to see him in a concert in Oregon a couple of years ago. I too am stitching the Cottage Garden Samplings series and enjoying it tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new stast Justine. Love the piece your working on. How fun to see Elton John.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful new stash items, your friend will love that Pinn design once finished. And oooh love your Snow Flower Diaries chart... looks like a lovely one to do. Your snowmen will stitch up quickly and will lovely I bet :)
    And Ooooh Elton John!!! Nice!!
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new stash. Lucky you getting to see Elton John:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely stash to keep you busy, I lovely chart for your sons friends mum.
    ooooo Elton.... how nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new stash. I think I'm going to have to go shopping soon. There is a long list of things I just can't live without haha. Love your new goodies. What a fun concert to attend. I love his music.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your new stash. I'm finding it very hard sometimes to stay within the budget the more time I follow the SFS challenge. Sometimes we just NEED our stash therapy don't we? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great new stash and lovely progress on your Snowman piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your snowman stitch is so cute! 14 Ct is a nice change every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely new stash there, I like the Thai Dancer and the Carriage House monthly series is great.
    Laughing at the 14 cout aida, Shebafudge keeps threatening to send me 5m of the stuff. I don't mind, I'd just sell it and buy some 40count linen to fondle :-)

    ReplyDelete