Sunday, 8 June 2014

I'm back but with not much stitching to show for the last two weeks...

Hello dear readers

As the title says, not much of a stitching update this time.  We have been on holiday for two weeks to Ibiza.  A beautiful island that both hubby and I have visited before but never together as a family.  It's been a relaxing time with lots of splashing and swimming, good food and drink, dancing and fun, and no smartphones, iPads etc!  I'm still catching up on blog reading to see what I've missed.

I took one of my Crazy January Challenge pieces to stitch on in the evenings but truly was too busy to put many stitches in it.  The boys (aged 6 and 4 now) stayed up late with us playing with friends they made on holiday so there wasn't the opportunity this holiday.  I'm ready to get back to it now though.

Here's my progress to date:

Before:


After:


And here's how it will look when finished:



I see I have gained a few new followers while I've been away.  Welcome and hope you enjoy my blog.  There is usually a bit more going on here than there has been recently and I hope to have a finish or two to share with you soon.

Until next time

Justine

16 comments:

  1. Your holiday sounds wonderful... a nice relaxing fun time :)
    Happy stitching :)
    smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacation sounds like you had a lot of fun. Great progress and I love the design.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming and splashing in the water sounds like a great FUN:) oooh how pretty the water section you've added! Looks like great progress to me!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why oh why was I worried for you?? :D Sounds like you had a lovely time!
    Lovely progress on your project, it's so colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back. Sounds like you had a great time! You made some good progress while away, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful holiday Justine. it sounds idyllic :) Great progress on the stitching front! I always get an itch to stitch if I've been away from it too long :P
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home.... that's a nice stitchy project

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embroidery is really lovely! I love the colors and the subject!
    What's the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally in love with the colours on this one! Can't wait to see your next post on this project :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think everyone is busy this time of year. I know I haven't been posting much either. So glad you guys had a great time on your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had a wonderful holiday. Your stitching looks great and I think you did well to put as many stitches in as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a great holiday together. Your stitching is looking lovely and I'm sure now you are home you can get more done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stitching is progressing nicely. It must be lovely to work with such bright colours on an idyllic scene. I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday too - sounds like you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back Justine :) So pleased that you had a lovely time! I think you've done rather well with the stitching !

    ReplyDelete