Saturday, 10 May 2014

Floss tossing

Hello dear readers!  Hope you are all having a lovely day.  Happy Mother's Day if you are celebrating wherever you are.

Not much stitching going on that I can show you as I am putting the finishing touches to my piece for Mii Stitch's Gorjuss exchange.  Very sadly Mii has decided this is the last exchange she will organise as a couple of people have let her down in the Easter Exchange she recently organised.  I hope the Gorjuss exchange will be a fun one and will restore her faith in stitchers.  There are only three of us so less chance of something going wrong!

I have been stitching away on my Cut Thru Pirate Ship for Pirate Wednesdays which is a SAL with the lovely Jan.  Here's my progress to date.  I have started doing a bit of the dreaded backstitch!

Cut Thru Pirate Ship by Bothy Threads
Stitched on 16 count ice blue aida with DMC threads

I have also nearly finished my handbag stitching!  This is a little piece that I carry round with me and I usually stitch on the train on the way back from meetings.  I only have a bit of the backstitch to finish.  It was a fun stitch with good quality materials as you would expect from DMC.

DMC Make A Wish kit

I was recently the lucky winner of the travelling pattern from Jeanette and it arrived this morning.  This pattern was started on its travels by Cucki in October 2011 and has been to the UK, Poland and Australia.  I plan to stitch on this tonight while watching the Eurovision Song Contest and hope to send it on its way soon...but what do you think of my floss choices?



I don't have any of the recommended flosses so thought I would have a go at choosing myself, but I think there is something missing and they all look too much the same.  What do you think?  Any suggestions?

I haven't stitched any more on my HAED.  I think one week on and one week stitching other things will suit me for now.  I still need to finish my Crazy January challenge pieces!

Until next time

Justine

18 comments:

  1. I think the floss colors for the traveling pattern are just perfect Justine. Nice progress on the other pieces.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, the travelling pattern is still travelling! I stitched this back in 2011, here's a link - http://comehappydancewithme.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/58-lizziekate-love-is-best-travelling.html
    Love your Bothy Thread progress too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely progress on both pieces. I love the Make a Wish one, so cute!

    The threads for the travelling pattern look perfect to me. I am going to have to treat myself to a Jelly Roll next time I order something though...that is a gorgeous colour thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching on both projects. I think your floss selection looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea to have a travelling stitch... wonderful.. wish I was a part of that... 2011 it started!! WOW!! Your floss choice for the stitch is lovely.. really lovely... it will look beautiful.
    Loving your pirate ship... great colors.
    Cannot wait to see what you have stitched for Mii's Gorjuss exchange...
    Ooh Eurovision!! Yes I am watching that... its funny as ever with Graham Norton presenting.
    Smiles and happy stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see the pattern arrived safe & sound. Love your floss choices. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are both well done!
    I hope that Mii will not give up with the exchange... it is such a nice idea for the ones who participate but even for those who read the posts, too!
    Nice the floss choice for your pattern... now waiting to see it stitched!
    Happy sunday!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stitching, and I think your thread choices for the travelling pattern are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching Justine! I agree that your thread choices look fab, but you can always pull a few more out and see what combination you like the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great wips you are working on have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely choices for the travelling pattern, the cut thro looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you floss choice for the TP!! It will look lovely :)
    Don't worry, I might organise private exchange in the future... if I do, I'll make sure to email you & ask if you want to join the fun.
    I have started my Gorjuss girl for Heather but had to stop... again. Now working on some goodies for Ariadne for the Easter Egg Change as Emma hasn't send her anything... I'm doomed!!!!!
    Take care sweetie, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your floss choices are just lovely and I love the underwater bits of your pirate ship!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your color choices look perfect to me, Justine! Great progress on your pirate ship piece--so many cute details to stitch in that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Back stitching is always a kond of pain but the effect of it is always really great. Particularly on a Cut Through piece as I have seen on sevral blogs. You will love it when all the details will come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Make a Wish is so bright and cute! I see you finished an entire room on the Pirate Ship! I added your pic to the SAL page.

    ReplyDelete