Sunday, 6 April 2014

Two more finishes

Thank you to everyone who left lovely comments on my last post. I was touched that so many of you took the time to comment on my baby sampler finish. I started blogging to be able to share progress with like-minded people as I know no one in "real life" who is the slightest bit interested (my husband's reaction when I showed him the sampler finally finished was a slightly sarcastic "Huzzah"). I love sharing my progress with you and even more so following your progress on all your wonderful projects. So, thank you from me!

My needles have been busy this week! I finished two more of my Crazy January Challenge pieces. Six down, nine to go.

Here's Lizzie*Kate's Little Cups of Friendship. I'm going to finish this as a flat hanging ornament for my dear friend Michelle at work. She makes lots of cups of tea for everyone sat around her in the office. She is such a kind friend and we have got each other through some bad work days.

 Stitched on 27 count Tea Northern Cross linen
using recommended GAST and WDW threads
Started 14/1/14, finished 3/4/14

My second finish of the week came this afternoon just before we set off for my brother's 40th birthday celebration. Our family and his wife's family went out for a meal together. Low key like we have always done things in my family - the perfect celebration.


February's Primrose by Cottage Garden Samplings
Stitched on 32 count Permin linen French Lace
using recommended GAST, WDW and DMC threads
Started 15/1/14, finished 6/4/14

I really love this series and enjoyed every stitch of this one. The linen is quite stiff and with using the variegated threads I felt like I was really creating a museum piece! I am now desperate to start March's Daffodils but really want to make some progress on my WIPs before starting my HAED!

Thank you to everyone who left good wishes for my health on my last post. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather but must go back to work tomorrow. Going to take it easy though and drink plenty of tea!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend and have a great week planned.

Until next time, keep stitching!

Justine

21 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finishes Justine. Glad to hear that your feeling almost all better.

Linda

Lauren said...

Beautiful finishes! I especially love the "Little Cups of Friendship" project. Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better :) Happy stitching :)

Jacquie Morris said...

Love you work it's beautiful.. Love the cups of friendship .. I may have to get this one for myself! Your colors are so vibrant too...keep drinking the tea it may help you feel better!! :) smiles to you :)

Beth said...

February's Primrose looks great. I too am enjoying stitching the series.

Rachel Tomkins said...

Two more lovely finishes! If you keep doing happy dances you're going to make yourself ill again! Keep up the good work. :)

butterfly said...

Lovely work , all look so beautiful .
Hope you start feeling better soon sending hugs .

Annette-California said...

ooooh both finishes are soo pretty. Congrats on both finishes. love Annette

Julie said...

A super finish and perfect for your tea drinking co-worker.
Happy birthday wishes to your brother.

Thoeria said...

Love you finishes Justine :) I so know what you mean about having real sttchy friends :) The firend who got me on the road has actually not touched a needle in a few years now....so I'm definitely also a "lone stitcher" :) I've a few HAED designs that I've bought over the years.....I really should make a start on one too! SAL?

Chris said...

Lovely finishes Justine! I hope that you have a great week!

sally said...

Hello Justine

Your finishes are lovely and what a kind friend to have.
I too started blogging because no-one I know stitches and I wanted to join with fellow stitchers. I'm enjoying it so far.
I'm still trying to follow you, it won't let me but I'll keep trying.
Hope you continue to feel better and have a good week.
Bye for now.

cucki said...

So beautiful my dear x

Mii Stitch said...

So sweet! Little cups of friendship is adorable :)

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful finishes. I seem to have missed a lot: my blog reader was playing up and now showing me all the updates on peoples blogs. Hopefully I have sorted it out now. I love your finishes...totally cute. Well done xx

Katie said...

Fantastic finishes!!! Can't wait for you to start your HAED. Hope you enjoy it!

Michelle said...

both finishes are gorgeous :) i love the lk teacups x

Shebafudge said...

Glad you are feeling a bit more human! I love seeing your stitching progress so keep it coming!! Gorgeous stitching as ever. I think I will be caving one day and ordering all the Garden Journal designs. I keep seeing people stitching them and they are just SO pretty. Good luck going back to work xxx

Bekca said...

I love the sentiment in the Cottage Garden Samplings piece, it's a gorgeous design. Hope you're back to 100% soon!
Best wishes.

Carol said...

I know just what you mean about the meaningful comments we receive on our blogs, Justine. I come from an all-male family which just doesn't "get" my addiction to stitching. It's so nice to have found a group of friends online who does :)

Lovely finishes--the Cottage Garden series is so pretty!

EvalinaMaria said...

Both finishes are lovely, congratulations!

Brigitte said...

You have been a busy stitcher lately, so many finishes. Great! I also love the monthly Garden Journal series, they show so many nice details.