Wednesday, 2 April 2014

At last a finish!

I should really wait until the WIPocalypse update to share this...but I can't.  I'm so excited!  Please happy dance with me...my "baby" finally has a birth sampler!

A is for Ark birth sampler by Historical Sampler Company
Stitched on 32 count linen with included threads
Started December 2008, finished 23rd March 2014

I'm so grateful to finally have this finished, I nearly threw it out last year as I thought I had just left it too late.  My son's face when he saw it finally done was worth every stitch.  I had really lost the way on this one but once I picked it up again in February I loved every stitch and couldn't put it down!

I've also stitched quite a bit this month on my Bothy Threads Cut Thru Pirate Ship.  This is supposed to be a Wednesday SAL with Jan but I hope she will forgive me for stitching on it throughout the week as I just love it!

I am trying to make some progress on my Crazy January Challenge pieces so that once I have frame and stand I can get started on my HAED without feeling too guilty.  Here's Little Cups of Friendship which I am going to give to a friend at work who is always making cups of tea!

And here are a couple more photos, first up Bothy Threads Cut Thru North Pole House.  I have lost a bit of interest in this one as it's "out of season" - I want to stitch spring things now not winter!

And last up for today is my niece's ballerina picture which I hope to make into a door hanger for her.

I am laid low at the moment with something called post-viral bronchial spasm, which basically just means I feel very breathless.  I stupidly pushed on without seeing a doctor until yesterday when I was sent home from work.  I haven't felt up to stitching the last couple of days but I have been catching up with reading and commenting on your lovely blogs.  I have missed a lot!

Until next time, keep stitching!

Justine

29 comments:

  1. The Sampler is lovely. Congrats on your finish. Your package is in the mail should arrive by Tuesday.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your birth sampler finish. I am so glad he likes it. My kids always love it when I make them something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the sampler, it looks lovely!!
    Hope you feel better soon, wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Justine! You've created a great family heirloom for your son. You have lots of other interesting projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute baby finish. I'm sure he will enjoy that for years to come. Great job on all your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Major congrats on the finish! Enjoy that happy dance!! Love your ship update. I love working on mine too. Your other pieces look wonderful too. I'm the same way with winter themed pieces....I want to work on bright warm pieces right now too. I do love the bright colors in the North Pole house at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh congrats on getting that birth sampler done! What a work of love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sampler sure to be cherished

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you finishing that sampler it will be a talking point for many years and your son will cherish it in later years I am sure. Some nice wips too,hope you start to feel better really soon and you get some stitching time before you have to go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the sampler is so pretty..well done dear
    All your projects are so cute..big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that your not feeling well Justine. Congrats on the fantastic finish. I'm so glad that you decided to finish it. Wonderful progress on all your other projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling better soon. Great finish:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo hoo on your birth sampler finish! It's a fabulous piece. Your son and I share the same birthdate except I am exactly 29 years older LOL. Your pirate ship is going well - consider yourself forgiven for stitching on it as much as possible. I must stitch on it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your finish Justine! Your other projects look great. I hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous is that sampler!!! And all the other stitchy bits! Well done on the finish Justine :) And do hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have done work on lots of different projects lately. Wonderful progress on everything. Big congrats on the finish, it looks amazing!! So glad you didn't give up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My son loved cut thru pirates when he was little but he is 19 now: reading about your beautiful birth samper (well done!) makes me wonder if I should stitch it for him anyway lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful finished sampler - there is no feeling as wonderful or disappointing as finishing a project, happy its done but sad too..but I see you have plenty of others to keep you occupied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sampler is really cute and I'm sure you're glad to have it finished! All of the pieces are lovely, but I especially like the ballerinas!! I'll be anxious to see how you finish it! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you feel much better soon Justine. Your latest progress is looking great, I love the pirate ship :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Justine

    I saw your blog in World of Cross Stitching magazine and wanted to visit you.
    Your blog is lovely. Congrats on finishing the birth sampler, it looks great. lovely wips too.
    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish to follow your lovely blog but blogger won't allow me yet ):

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've made lots of lovely progress! I really fancy getting a Bothy Threads Cut Thru kit once pay day comes around. They look like so much fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you are feeling better Justine. Make sure you get plenty of rest if you can. xx

    You're progress is great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your finish! It just goes to show that there is no such thing as a UFO as they do eventually get picked up again. I'm glad your son liked it after all that effort! I love the Bothy Threads Cut Thru charts you are stitching too. They are so colourful and detailed. And... I've also just noticed that you are going to stitch Treasure Hunt Bookshelf. I'm sooooo jealous but I could never envisage stitching so huge a project. Good luck. I'm looking forward to watching it grow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your sampler looks amazing.. and your other projects look lovely too. I recently won a Bothy Threads kit (my first one) that I am very excited about.. you one looks so colorful. Hope you feel better soon :) Sending Sunday smiles to you :)
    Ooh yes for a few days now I have been trying to add myself to your follower list.. just keeps telling me not available at this time :( I will keep trying as I really like your blog :)
    http://myjourneystarting2013.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Get well wishes to you Justine, hope you soon feel much better.
    Lots of lovely stitchy progress, well done on completing the birth sampler, its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the birth sampler. It's nice that you have finished it when he is of an age to appreciate it too.

    I love the Dinosaur for D.

    The Bothys and other projects are looking good too.

    Hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, the baby sampler is gorgeous, as well as all your other stitching!

    ReplyDelete