Thursday, 20 March 2014

My HAED threads and fabric have arrived!

I'm so excited!  The postman just brought my order from Cross Stitch Heaven - the fabric and threads to stitch the HAED Treasure Hunt Bookshelf.  I won't be starting just yet as I am waiting for a frame and stand to arrive but I can drool over the gorgeous colours....


So my mission now is to make some progress on my Crazy January Challenge pieces before I disappear behind that whopping piece of evenweave.  Has anyone ever used 25 count magic guide evenweave?  Do I stitch over one, which would mean I could fit 400 stitches in each grid box?  It is going to be very detailed if so!

Here's a little finish in the meantime.  I won this in Heather's giveaway and it was a lovely quick stitch.  Thank you Heather!

Curio Ladybird
Heart in Hand Needleart
Stitched on 30 count Red Pear linen
with recommended GAST and WDW threads

I've also made some progress on my Cut Thru Pirate Ship this week.  I love the colours in the sea.

I had a little tidy up in the craft room today, and found two "new" WIPs that I had forgotten about!  The first is Happy Camper which is from an old issue of Cross Stitcher magazine.  I can't find the chart or photo at the moment but here is where I'm up to with it...

And the second is one I started last year intending it to be my Thursday project and then forgot all about it.  It's another Bothy Threads kit, the History Time Line with periods of mainly British history depicted.

I was a bit disappointed that my WIP list is growing not shrinking!

Until next time

Justine

14 comments:

  1. Your little ladybird is so cute! Congrats on the lovely finish! Wow look at that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your little ladybird!! It is really sweet :) Wow, your HAED project looks so promising. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute finish Justine. The Pirate Ship is looking great. Love the starts that you found.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish. Love the ship progress. I look forward to seeing the Happy Camper one. I love camping.

    Depends on your fabric size I guess for if you ordered it to stitch over one or over two. I know they are suggested for over one but I've seen people stitch them over two as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yey for goodies arriving! Yes I've used 25ct magic guide a few times, and I use 1 strand of thread over one, full cross. I find that is enough coverage for me but it might be worth testing a bit first :)

    I only get all my threads once I have paid the full layaway off, so it will be a while yet! However, I've decided to use 18ct magic guide for my bookshelf, I think with all the confetti madness its the smallest I dare go! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww cute little ladybird on fabulous colour fabric.
    Lots of threads for the HAED....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colours look gorgeous, it will be fun seeing them used. I love your history time line stitch. My WIP's never seems to shrink either LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors...looking so sweet.
    Pretty stitching
    Huge hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my look at all that wonderful floss. You're making me jealous with all those fabulous colours!! I have used 25ct Magic guide and yes I stitch over 1 with 2 strands of floss tent stitch. You are right that makes it 400 stitches per block rather than 100 and that's why HAED's have so much detail. Love your Ladybug finish and all your other projects are looking just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, how exciting! The colours are definitely very beautiful, I bet you can't wait to get started :) Lovely work on your Bothy projects, I'm enjoying seeing the Pirate Ship grow :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a look at the pattern (i'm not game enough to start mine ;)) and it says to use 2 strands over one on 25ct linen/even weave :) Good luck! Hopefully watching you start yours will make me start mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous progressin your WIPs! Lovely to see some sea on pirates. I love the BT historical piece! Great for the boys. What delicious new threads and such clever fabric for your HAED too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some pretty projects going Justine.....I admire those of you that can tackle those huge HAED projects, I would probably never finish one! We will be watching your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never seen that timeline one! That's brilliant. All your stitching is looking great and I am intrigued to see the Happy Camper one.

    ReplyDelete