Thursday, 27 February 2014

Stitch From Stash February update



Here's my Stitch From Stash update for February 2014...yes I did spend some money but I managed to stay under budget.

Firstly, of the £25 allowed I spent £6.21 buying this chart and 4 skeins of DMC thread that I will need to complete it.  So that's £18.79 to be carried forward to next month, giving a grand total of £43.79 in the kitty!

And then there was the splurge weekend for Nashville market.  Living in the UK I have never heard of the Nashville market but that didn't stop me taking advantage and buying this...


plus a huge piece of 25 count magic aida and the floss pack to complete it.

Of the $100 allowed, I spent $84.50 in total.

I only had one start from stash this month but I can't show you yet as it's a prize for Bekca who won my little giveaway.  I hope to get it in the post to her today so I can show you next week.  I've spent most of the month working on my CJC pieces.  I had one finish...
and have made good progress on a couple of other pieces.

Until next time

Justine

13 comments:

CJ said...

Congrats on being a very thrifty girl. I have been trying desperately to stitch form stash this year--even subbing floss colors. So far so good. Does you family have ay nut allergies? I am preparing your packet with some local surprises.

Chris said...

Great job in sticking to the challenge!! I love your little snowman finish!

Pull the other thread said...

Well done on sticking to your budget. That's a wonderful finish.

Thoeria said...

Cute finish :) Well done on keeping to budget!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Good girl! I like your cute snowman finish, and YAY! about staying under budget... even with your big purchase!!

Tricia

Heather said...

Good job with the challenge!

Julie said...

Another good month, well done.

Linda said...

Another under budget month. Yippee!

Linda

Bev said...

me and my stitchy friends here in South Yorkshire have decided to do just the same, I've enough to last a few years not months!!! x

stitchersanon said...

I'm always on a budget lol, but didnt take part in it this year. It is a great way to make sure you get want you really, really want and will actually get around to finish. You are all doing so well with this challenge...its lovely to read the updates xx Well done!

SoCal Debbie said...

Such a cute chart from Stitchersanon! Just right for springtime. Good for you for buying the big chart and fabric on the Splurge weekend so it doesn't count! Congrats on the wonderful finish!

Gwen said...


Nice finish. Will it be and ornament or pillow?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. The more you do the easier it gets.

Bekca said...

Well done you for sticking with the budget! I'm so looking forward to seeing my prize :) Best wishes to you.