Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Time for an update...

It seems to be a while since I posted an update.  I've been mostly working on this...


January's Snowdrop by Cottage Garden Samplings

and on this....

Frosty Forest by Country Cottage Needleworks

and a little bit on this...

Lizzie*Kate - Ready for Snow

I managed to stay under budget on Stitch from Stash and so far have had no burning desire to buy lots of new stuff.  Until I saw a cute Easter chart on Stitcher's Anon's blog.  I was so sad to read that someone has been stealing designs and selling them on Etsy.  Have they never heard of copyright?  A proportion of the sales of these charts are being donated to children's cancer charities too so it's in a good cause.

In other news, I have agreed to donate the babyish pictures I stitched while pregnant with elder son to a raffle being held to raise money for a local children's hospice, Clare House.  They cared for my friend's baby grand-daughter until she died last year and it's a great cause.  This means I will have to get some other pictures stitched up for the boys' rooms.  What do non-stitchers put on their walls I wonder?

Here are a couple of photos of the pictures that my "baby" is too old for at the grand old age of 5!




Hubby is at the football tonight so a peaceful evening with my stitching awaits!

Until next time

Justine

19 comments:

  1. Somebody after my own heart...what a lovely idea to donate the pictures. I am sure they will be very much appreciated. Your poor friend and her family. Sometimes life can seem so unfair can't it.

    Good luck with your stashless stitching. I did it myself about three years ago...it was a great way to appreciate what I had and get those cupboards emptied (slightly lol). Thank you for the mention xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the donation will be a great success. Have a lovely stitchy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those baby pictures are precious! What a sweet idea to donate them to such a good cause. Your stitching is coming along marvelously!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Justine. Those pictures your donating are adorable. Great progress on all your projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing to do by donating for charity. You're a sweet lady. Always love visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing progress on your projects. Those finished pieces are lovely and so sweet of you to give them to a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous gesture for you to donate to charity. Love it! Lovely stitching too my dear. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching Justine. I hope the hospice raises lots of money from your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that's a brilliant way to re-use your older finished pieces. I'm sure they'll raise lots of money for a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitching is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely update of your projects. I hope your pictures raise a good amount for the hospice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pieces are adorable! I wouldn't be able to part with them. Your stitching all looks great too. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Justine, you made so much progress! Can't believe your 5 year old is too old for these cute pictures. Kids grow up so fast. Hope you raise good money with them for the hospice

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful thing to do with your "younger" pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sad to read about stiteranon's patterns :( I love her easter chart too, I may have to get it with my February budget :D

    Your stitching is looking great, and it is very kind of you to donate the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Justine! Your work is beautiful!
    I was sorry to hear that someone is selling patterns on Etsy. Some people truly have no shame!
    Mind if I follow you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those framed designs, so cute and how lovely to raffle them for a charity
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete