Saturday, 4 January 2014

Crazy January Challenge Day 3

Well, as you can see I'm already falling behind with blogging my CJC starts.  I tend to stitch in an evening after my boys are in bed, and I just can't face putting my needle away to write a blog post before bedtime. It seems to me to defeat the object of relaxing doing stitching. Though I love blogging, sitting in front of a computer is not very restful for me.

So here is yesterday's start, Lanarte Forks and Spoons..



I think this is the first time I have ever stitched a fork.

I did a couple of Lanarte kits many years ago. They are both up and framed at my mum's. I'll take pictures next time I'm up there. I remember that the fabric and threads were really good quality and I'm pleased to say they haven't changed. This is going to be a nice quick stitch.

Now onto today's new start, The Snowman.

I am going to reorder my CJC projects as when I chose them I didn't give a lot of thought to what I would be doing on each day e.g. work, meetings etc.  I am going to sort out the bigger projects for days when I think I will get more stitching time in.  That way I'll feel like I've achieved more!

See you tomorrow!

Justine

10 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

Great start to your day three project! Can't wait to see what else you stitch :)

Basia said...

Great start and the fork looks completely finished :) I also post my pics the next day as I usually stitch till 1 or 2 am and I'd rather do a few more stitches than get uo to take the pictures and then upload and post. But the challenge is so start a project on each day so technically we're not behind (at least this is how I'm explaining this to myself LOL)

Faith... said...

I have never stitched a Lanarte kit before but have looked at plenty! Looking forward to seeing what this one will look.

CJ said...

Hi Justine -

You can do it. I look forward to your next post. I have added you to my blog roll so I can keep up with you. I used to live in England and I miss is very much.

CJ

Mii Stitch said...

Great fork and can't wait to see your progress on the snowman. I think I have this one too :)

Heather said...

I love your January starts! Well done :)

Linda said...

Love the fork Justine.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

That's a pretty fork! I also post the next day after stitching the night before.

Katie said...

What a pretty fork. Glad it's a nice kit. I started one from Bucilla and so far am really happy with the quality.

Shebafudge said...

Looks great! I sorted my projects out into some kind of order last night too.