Thursday, 2 January 2014

Crazy January Challenge - Day 2

Day 2 brought not one but 2 visits from that mean old Mr Frog. I mean...how hard can it be to stitch a tiny reindeer with legs that actually join his body? Well, not as easy as you'd think my friends.

Despite the rude frog guy interruptions, after 3 hours stitching today I went from this...




to this...

I'm pleased with it. The fabric is lovely to stitch on (32 count pearl grey Permin linen as recommended) and the Crescent Colours/WDW threads are very smooth.

Tomorrow it's the turn of Lanarte Forks and Spoons. I just got my kit out of the stash cupboard and noticed there is quite a lot of metallic thread in it. Yikes! Metallic thread and I do not get on. Thread Heaven at the ready!

Hope you are all busy stitching new things for the new year.

Justine

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had so many frog issues, but it is a. Rey sweet pattern and is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adorable pattern and wow you got a lot done even with the visit from Mr Frog. Hopefully he'll leave ya alone now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute pattern! Hope Mr Frog won't interrupt you next time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute start Justine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching! The floss colours are beautiful ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Justine - Goog luck with the CJC 2014 challenge this year. I don;t facebook either so I keep track on my blog and post updates to the yahoo group.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new start and pleased that reindeer behaved in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little reindeer is so cute :) Don't worry, Thursday must have been a frogging day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have really gotten far on this one today! You have some nice charts picked out for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a lot done on this one for only one day of stitching, and with a frog visit, too! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Justine I've loved stitching this series am about ready to begin July's Delphinium. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the frog visiting but what a gorgeous design! The floss colours are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete