Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Crazy January Challenge - Day 1

Happy New Year to you all. I saw in the New Year in bed with a lemsip. I'm feeling a bit brighter today and managed to make a good start on the Crazy January Challenge 2014.

Here is Day 1's progress..
Riverdrift House family sampler
Started 1/1/14

And here's what it should look like come December 31st...

I have to admit I cheated a bit and started this last night. I've stitched for 3 and a half hours so far. I was hoping to have finished the top line but I didn't quite make it. I didn't like the aida at first as it is a large and very stiff piece but it's softening up as I handle it. I'm quite sorry to have to put this away for my next new start tomorrow!

I managed to get in a last little order for some Crescent Colours threads before midnight last night but I am now Stitching From Stash! There are now over 100 of us joining in. Check out the button on my sidebar for more info. Closing date for sign-ups is tomorrow!

Please check in same time tomorrow for Day 2 of the challenge!

Oh, and did anyone notice the new background on my blog? I was playing around with it on my laptop this morning. I quite like it.

See you again tomorrow.

Justine

7 comments:

  1. Great Start. I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new start Justine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely start :) I really like the projects that you picked and can't wait to see a picture of January's Snowdrop, I was thinking about picking this chart myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty piece. It is colourful and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like this Justine! Can't wait to see your progress on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start! I'm sorry I didn't notice it was a new background but now I have looked I do like it. I need to change mine too one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a huge amount of stitching for the first day! Good for you for getting more floss before the new year. I'm looking forward to Stitching from my Stash all year too!

    ReplyDelete