Thursday, 16 January 2014

CJC Days 13, 14 and 15 and my plans for 2014!

Here are my last three new starts for this year, well for January anyway.  I have plans for later in the year (mwah ha ha!)

Day 13:

Only one hour's stitching completed on this one.  It's a lovely stitch but I think will take longer than I first thought (don't they all?!)

Day 14:
Little Cups of Friendship - Lizzie*Kate

This one only got an hour too.  I like how the variegated thread (WDW Begonia) comes out pink/red.

Day 15:

I put my Day 15 start to the vote.  Unfortunately the projects I selected got 4 votes each so I went with the smaller of the two.  This is February's Primrose by Cottage Garden Samplings.  My birthday is in February and I have always loved purples and lilacs so I'm happy with this choice.  This one only got an hour too but I managed to stitch two tiny motifs.

So...now the finishing begins!  In an effort to save splurging now I am stitching from stash, I've arranged to exchange charts with CJ from Tea n Stitches so I need to get this one finished first so I can send it off to her:

Which is good as it's a nice stitch and shouldn't take too long.

So...here are my stitching plans for 2014!

Bothy Threads Cut Thru Mondays with Debbie, Linda and many others - join us here
Frosty Forest Fridays with Country Cottage Needleworks Showcase blog - join in here
Finish all my Crazy January Challenge starts - see my progress on the tab at the top or here

One last thing I am super excited about is my new SAL! The lovely Jan and I have decided we are going to have Pirate Wednesdays and work on this beauty together...
Bothy Threads Cut Thru Pirate Ship

We both have young sons who will love this project.  Jan lives in Tasmania and I am in the UK so in actual fact Jan will be stitching while it is "my" Tuesday and I will be stitching on Jan's Thursday!  We also coincidentally decided to start in the same place, with the fighting pirate in the centre.  Here's my progress after 3 hours' stitching...

And here's Jan's after a bit less stitching time:

Thanks for all of your comments and support during the first 15 days of the Crazy January Challenge.  Good luck to those who are continuing on with new starts every day until the end of January in the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge.  I'm just not crazy enough!

Until next time, happy stitching!

Justine

9 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

:) We don't blame you Justine!! Already to have done it until mid-month was crazy enough! :D Have fun with all your projects, I can't wait to see them grow

Pull the other thread said...

I always think, however long I think a project will take, double it for how long it will actually take :D They are all great starts and I love your Pirate Wednesday SAL.

Katie said...

You started beautiful projects. I'm going to be starting the pirate ship soon. A friend happened to have it in her stash. I can't wait! I'll look forward to watching your progress too. Good luck!!

CJ said...

WOW!! You have lots of stitching to do this year. Congrats on your CJC 2014 starts, I still have 5 to post.

Have a great day.

CJ

Beth said...

Lots of fun stitching going on!

Emma/Itzy said...

Yay we did it! Aren't you glad its over now? lol xx

Julie said...

Lots to keep you busy in the coming weeks.

Sally said...

Some fantastic new starts there Justine. I see you managed to sneak in February's Primrose :)

Jan Gartlan said...

What fun we will have stitching our pirate ships. Lovely new starts also!