Monday, 30 December 2013

New Year stitching plans

Hello to all my readers old and new.  I only stated blogging this year and have been so grateful for all of your comments.  I really feel that I have made new stitchy friends.

I hope you all had a good Christmas and are looking forward to 2014. I love Christmas but I also like this in-between time when I start to plan for next year.  Kevin's blog post earlier today really resonated with me.  I too like to make plans but not resolutions.  Life throws challenges in our way and plans can change.  It's much better to plan but be flexible than to make resolutions and beat ourselves up when we don't meet them.

On that note,  my stitchy plans for 2014 are still subject to change.  I am committed to the Bothy Threads cut thru SAL every Monday with Debbie, Linda and many others, and to Frosty Forest Fridays on the CCN blog. I had planned to do Crazy January Challenge 2014 but the group is moving from yahoo to Facebook and I don't use Facebook for reasons too long and boring to go into here.  I'm not sure whether I should just go it alone.

The other challenge I'm really excited about is Stitch from Stash.  Check out the button on the sidebar for more info.

Here's my progress on the Cut thru North Pole House.  Not much but every little counts!



I found this in the bottom of my craft bag...


I have no idea how long it's been there but it needs a tiny bit of back stitch and it's finished! I'm all holed up in bed with a heavy cold so might finish this tomorrow.

Here's my Frosty Forest progress.  Almost finished part 1 the Raccoon cabin..


The photo is a bit blurry so you can't see that my raccoon is a bit cross-eyed! I unpicked the French knot eyes twice and was in danger of damaging the cross stitches underneath so he may have to stay that way.

I also need to find a new framer! The shop I used to take my cross stitch to, in Lancashire, has stopped framing.  So if anyone can recommend a framer close to Manchester, England, or that does mail order please let me know.

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve, whatever you have planned, and I look forward to stitching along with you in 2014!

Justine


9 comments:

sharine said...

Great stitching. All the best for the New Year:)

Linda said...

Awesome stitching Justine. You can still do the Crazy January Challenge next year. I just post it on my blog. I don't post to the group. Come on join me.

Happy New Year,
Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

Nice progress on NPH! I added your pic to the SAL page. How exciting that the car is almost finished after backstitching. It can be your first finish of 2014!

Annette-California said...

I don't do facebook either. Your NPH is looking wonderful. I too am still committed to Bothy Threads with Debbie and Linda, just that I took a break stitching on Fairy Hill due to other Christmas projects.
Love the Frosty CCN you stitched - so pretty. Great stitching my friend.
Happy New Year, love Annette

Justine said...

Linda - I'm in!

Sally said...

Your WiPs look brilliant Justine.

I don't tend to make resolutions as I end up not keeping then! Plans are good I think!

I'm looking forward to the Stitch from Stash too. It'll be good to get to some of the stash I've had for a while as well as stitch some of the newer stuff.

Do you want me to keep February's Primrose for you until I get the March one finished or would you prefer each one as I finish?

Happy New Year!

Shebafudge said...

Justine, I never realized that you are near Manchester! Me too. :) I just frame my own things though as the framer I used to use closed down. Lovely progress on your projects. xx

Katie said...

Hello Justine. You commented on my blog and I noticed I didn't follow you. So here I am. I look forward to getting to know you.

Julie said...

Beautiful stitching, wishing you a very Happy New Year full of lovely stitching moments.