Friday, 13 December 2013

I name this ship....finished!

I'm so thrilled to be able to show you....

Tall Ship, Niagara
Heritage Classics
Stitched on 28 count Zweigart Quaker Fabric
DMC threads
(Started 1/10/13 - finished 12/12/13)

The backstitch/longstitch was a nightmare.  That's all I'm saying.  Now to get it framed in time for my Dad's 70th birthday on 27th January 2014.

While on the subject of birthdays, I realised yesterday that I actually have two other special birthdays to celebrate next year.  First up is my dear friend Katy's 40th birthday on January 11th.  I've known Katy for about 12 years.  I met her when I went for a job interview (she was meeting/greeting all the candidates) and I actually got the job and ended up being her boss for a while!  She is a true friend and I realised with shame yesterday that in all the years I have known her I have never stitched anything for her.  So....I have challenged myself to finish this before her birthday...(yes, that's January 11th folks - less than a month away)


From new issue of Cross Stitcher magazine
We do like our cocktails!

Then on April 6th it's my brother's 40th birthday.  I have no idea whether/what to stitch for him.  He is a biker and I think cross stitch might ruin his street cred!

Thanks for sharing my finish.  Please pop back tomorrow as it's my day on Jo's advent blog hop and I have an old finish to share with you.

Justine

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations..that is a spectacular finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ship is stunning! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow well done on finishing the ship. It looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Congrats it looks superb!!! Your dad will be gobsmacked, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous....dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the finish, so glad you made it! I'm sure your Dad will love it, and it's bound to become a heirloom for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning finish! So detailed. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete