Friday, 29 November 2013

The ship is sinking...

Hello all

Hope all my American readers had a happy Thanksgiving.  I enjoyed reading all your blogs and learning about Thanksgiving traditions.  Those pumpkin pies looked scrummy!

Plenty of stitchy progress this week.  I've got my mojo back after feeling under the weather last weekend.  First up is the tall ship...


Sad to say I've stalled a bit with this piece.  My deadline for having it finished is my Dad's 70th birthday, January 27th.  I thought I would be OK if I'd stitched all the sails by the end of November.  Well, I've almost finished all of the cross stitch (just a bit of white missing on the waves bottom right) but the backstitch is awful.  The stitches are so long I have to break them up but it's impossible to see on the chart where they should go.  It takes me so long just to do a little bit, I'm really demotivated.

So instead I've been stitching on this...

 Bothy Threads Cut Thru' North Pole House

Close up of Santa's bedroom

I'm really enjoying this piece.  I've pretty much finished pages 1 and 2 and back-stitched them.  You can see I've started stitching the first floor (second floor for Americans!) where the elves are busy making and wrapping presents.  My boys are hoping this will be finished by Christmas, but I don't think there's any chance!

This weekend I will be busy making an ornament to enter in the ornament contest on the CCN Showcase and Stitch-a-long Place hosted by Vonna.  I've never made an ornament before so I don't expect great things but there's only one entry so far so I thought I would have a go.  The ornament I've chosen to stitch is lovely and will hang on our tree however it looks!

Hope you all have a lovely stitchy weekend!

Until next time,

Justine

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Oh Justine, don't give up on the ship!!! It really looks spectacular :) It will be a shame to let it go after all that stitching work. No one has seen the instructions with all the backstitch so maybe you could do just what you think would look good & ignore some of the more horrible ones... It's just an idea, I'm only trying to motivate you a little bit :)

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching Justine hugs.

Linda said...

I agree Justine. Don't give up on the ship. You can get it done. I thought it looked great without the rigging. Just do your own thing. NPH is looking fantastic. You have gotten so much done.

Linda

sharine said...

Great stitching. Santa looks very cosy:)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

The ship is awesome. Just think of the victory you will have once you are finished. I agree with all those above, don't give up, it will so be worth it in the end. :)

I love the cut through of the north pole. Those designs are always so cool looking.

You most certainly can design a lovely Christmas ornament for the contest....your stitching is lovely, I have faith in you!

Blessings always

Annette-California said...

Oh Justine the ship is a looking stunning! Please don't give up. It looked to me that you are almost done. I know what you are talking about the backstitching and yours is looking lovely. North Pole is also looking fantastic! This is a chart I want one day. Love it. Good for you to give it a go on entering a ornament contest:) love Annette

Jan Gartlan said...

Wow your BT looks so fabulous with the backstitching. Santa is so cute. Love your tall ship too. The effort will be worth it

Julie said...

The big ship looks magnificent.

Melodías por escrito said...

Hello! We have just found your blog and we´ve liked it a lot! We follow you! :D Hope you like our blog too J
We send you a very big hug!
www.melodiasporescrito.com

SoCal Debbie said...

The ship is amazing! Your North Pole House looks incredible! I only have a tiny bit done compared to you. I love how the backstitching brings it all to life!