Sunday, 24 November 2013

Stitching show but no stitching!

Sad to say this has been a stitch-free weekend.

It got off to a good start on Thursday when I visited the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate. There wasn't as much cross-stitch stuff as in previous years (quilters would have been happy with all the fat quarters though!) but I did treat myself to a few bits of fabric and ribbon for finishing, plus a couple of cross stitch pieces...

Buttons and fabric for Just Another Button Company -
The Boys Are Back In Town


Nora Corbett's Morning Glory
with Lorchen 28 count Cashel linen by Sparklies

I have never stitched a Nora Corbett or Mirabilia design before, but Kate from Sparklies had this made up on the same fabric on her stand, and it looked stunning. Kate assured me it will stitch up quickly and there is only a very small amount of metallic thread used. The fabric is a bit more purple in real life.

I have done very little stitching this weekend. I have been busy helping Santa with the Christmas shopping, helping the boys make Sparkly stars for their homework, and having our annual toy clear out ready for Christmas. I was so proud of my boys this year as they helped me choose toys they had outgrown, packed them up and delivered them to our local charity shop. Not bad for 5 and 4 years old.

I hope to have a finish to post this week on my tall ship but it will have to wait for daylight stitching time as the long stitch is crazy!

Hope you all have a lovely week, until next time,

Justine

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabric! Can't wait to see your stitching of Morning Glory on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a craft show! I love your new stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am not the only one to get little to no stitching done! Great way to teach the boys the true meaning of giving.

    ReplyDelete