Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Splice the mainbrace!

Can you tell I'm not a sailor?  But my dear Dad is, and he's going to be so pleased when he receives this for his 70th birthday in January...


I have finished the sails!  I'm really pleased as my deadline for the sails was the end of November.  So now I have a new target, to complete the whole piece by the end of November.  I just have to stitch the boat and the waves around it, and then do the longstitch for all the rigging and whatnot.  Since I started highlighting my chart as I went along, I've really enjoyed stitching this.  The linen and threads are both really nice to work with.


Some good progress made on my Bothy Threads Cut Thru North Pole House this week, even though I only stitched on Monday evening...





You can see Santa in bed now!  These are such fun to stitch.  Jan is about to complete a cross stitch toilet on hers here and also Linda has been cross stitching horsey poop here.  Jan and I are planning to stitch Cut Thru Pirate Ship together next year which I am really excited about.

I'm also very excited now about the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show which I am going to on Thursday!  It's only a couple of hours away by train on a lovely journey across the South Pennine Hills and the Peak District.  I am busy cataloguing my threads and writing a shopping list of fabric that I absolutely need!  No doubt there will be some wants as well as needs being purchased.

I received two lovely kits in the post from Nancy at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe this week.  Nancy very generously included all the bells and her own hand-dyed floss to complete both the hangers, plus a smaller free chart that was included with the Jingle piece.  Thank you Nancy.  So you see, I need to buy some new fabric that is just right for these two pieces.

Hope you are all making good progress with your Christmas stitching!

Until next time

Justine

10 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Beautiful work on both of these. I gave my dad a cross stitched classic car a good number of years ago and he still has it hanging up in his house. I'm sure your dad will just love this piece.

Barb said...

Both pieces are nice but love the sailboat piece. I'm sure your dad will love it.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on both pieces Justine. I love the ship that your doing for your dad. The sails are beautiful and look so real. NPH is looking awesome. We are continuing the SAL forever and look forward to seeing your work on the pirate ship. I started it the beginning of the year. I might use it for my next SAL piece when I finish the stable.

Linda

cucki said...

Both are very sweet projects
Big hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress on both pieces! I'm sure your dad will love this & it will take a place of honour in his home :) Have fun on Thursday, so wish I could be there!!

SoCal Debbie said...

That ship will look amazing! I love your North Pole House and am looking forward to the day when mine looks as good as yours! I started Pirate Ship too, so maybe I can stitch along with you and Jan next year! I added your pic to the SAL page.

Sally said...

Fantastic progress on both pieces. Isn't it great when you actually meet a deadline you've set yourself?!

Hope you enjoyed Harrogate. I'm rather envious but I think I'd spent enough this year lol!

Lauren said...

Great progress! I love the pirate ship! very detailed :)

Lumiruusu said...

Well done with Your Long Ship stitching-it will be awesome when finsished and framed!

Wagapapa said...

Well done with your dad's present, I'm sure he will love it. Bothy Threads Cut Thru North Pole House is very colorful and funny. Have fun in the stitching show on Thursday! xoxo