Saturday, 2 November 2013

Crazy January Challenge 2014

Hello all. Hope you had a happy and safe Halloween. Here in the UK we are now looking forward to Guy Fawkes' night on 5th November where we will enjoy bonfires, fireworks, hot potatoes and treacle toffee.

I recently signed up for the Crazy January Challenge 2014 For the first 15 days in January members start a new project every day and then try to complete them by the end of the year. So of course I have been looking through my huge stash of magazines for small achievable projects, right?

Well, no. Instead I browsed eBay and fell in love with this.


The kit is by Riverdrift House, a UK designer based in Cornwall. I hadn't come across them before. They have so many projects that I would love to stitch. I think this will look much better in our modern home than the antique samplers which I drool over on many other blogs I follow.

The best bit is that when you have ordered, the designer will chart initials of your choice for the line next to the bottom row of flowers, so you truly end up with a unique piece.

So...we have a winner! This is what I will be starting on Jan 1st! Only 14 more slots left. Who will be the winners and escape the dreaded stash cupboard?


Now I'm off to pick up the CCN Little Ballerinas for the very first CCN WIP-it weekend! So exciting.

Until next time

Justine

7 comments:

  1. You are a braver woman then I lol. Can't wait to see what else you choose:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of taking part too, but mine will only be smells I think. Perhaps I will think bigger the year after :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha smalls not smells, stupid auto correct!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That pattern is beautiful! Good luck with your stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty design. Have fun stitching it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying to decide if I want to join the crazy challenge too.;-) I like the sampler that you chose. I can't wait to see what your other 14 will be. ;-)

    ReplyDelete