Saturday, 26 October 2013

To frog or not to frog?

After finishing the Mystery Inc figures (see my last post) for elder son, younger son is now pestering me for his Star Wars one.

I haven't enjoyed these projects. Something to do with the dark blue aida which is stiff to work with. But I decided I would put everything else to one side and get this done. I thought there were just two or three evenings work left.

Imagine my horror last night as I was packing needle and thread away and saw this:



Can you tell what I did wrong? Clue: I had already stitched Luke Skywalker and C3PO a few weeks ago.

Yep, I've switched from 3 strands to 2.

I really don't want to frog but I think R2D2 looks kind of washed out next to the others.

What do you think?

I have finally decided to get my DMC threads in order so have bought some plastic bobbins. At the moment they look like this:



Can't wait to get winding! I love being organised. I hope they will fit in my little wooden box (which still needs a project for the lid *sigh*)



Until next time, hope your stitching is frog-free,

Justine

8 comments:

Wagapapa said...

I hate frogging! So, I think it doesn't look bad like that, but it's your choice... xoxo

cucki said...

Aww such a sweet box..I love it..
Big hugs x

Karen said...

I didn't notice anything and still don't even after you said that you stitched with 2 strands instead of three. I know it's probably more noticeable in person, but I doubt I'd rip it out. :)

Good luck with the bobbin winding!

Linda said...

I think the 2 strands looks just fine Justine. I would have never noticed if you hadn't said anything.

Linda

Annette-California said...

Don't frog - it looks great and even though you pointed it out, it still looks great:) I too have a bag of floss that need to be on bobbins, most of my flosses already on bobbins and in containers. Good for you.
love Annette

Mii Stitch said...

Sorry, I'm a control freak so I would frog... just for my personal piece of mind :) Now, obviously it is left entirely up to you :D

SoCal Debbie said...

I started this one too! I would leave R2D2 as is, but I would frog all the white on Princess Leia and use 3 strands on her. I love the blue fabric. I'm also using blue!

Astrids dragon said...

If you haven't done anything yet, don't worry about it! I did even notice and I'm sure he won't either!

I have a big bag of floss for my HAEDs and I'm not looking forward to all that winding.