Thursday, 3 October 2013

Lost in a maze...

Hello all and thanks for visiting. Not much stitching done this week as I have been ill with labyrinthitis. I'd never even heard of it before the doctor diagnosed it! It's not serious but makes me feel nauseous and a few early nights have been in order!

There has been a little progress on We're Not Gossiping, but I might have to frog some of it as even though I'm using the recommended threads I don't think there's enough contrast between the blues on the W. What do you think?

 We're networking!

I realised that my dad will be 70 on 27th January next year. He is really interested in boats and has just bought a little boat of his own. I was lucky enough to pick this up cheaply on eBay and have started it this week. It's coming out more brown than the picture suggests but the fabric is beautiful - 28 count Zweigart Quaker linen.


Not as easy as it looks as it includes horizontal and vertical half cross stitch, and some blending.  I think it will be stunning when finished.

Not much progress made on the Cut Thru North Pole House, though I actually joined in the SAL and stitched on Monday evening!

I really think I need to find some smaller projects for next year!

Hope you will join me again soon.

Until next time

Justine


10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Three great projects and I think that the blues look fine. Your dad will be chuffed with the sail boat piece.

Annette-California said...

Don't frog, keep stitching on "We're networking". I looked back at your photo of the chart and the blues do look very good. Love the ship your stitching for your dad. It already is looking Beautiful!!! good progress on Cut Thru too. love Annette

Pull the other thread said...

Great progress on everything. The ship pattern looks amazing. I think the blues look ok but if you're not happy with it then I would say change it.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely update on your stitching. All projects will look lovely :)

Karen said...

It' looks like you have lots on the go! I love the whimsy in those Bothy Threads design. They are so bright and cheerful, but definitely daunting stitch-wise. Your's is looking great by the way! Great start on the sailboat too. As for the LK design, I think the blues look ok. Unless you have something on hand that you think would look better, I wouldn't bother ripping it out.

Jan Gartlan said...

I prefer the bigger projects. I totally love the ship. Can't wait to see it grow. Your Bothy is cute.

Justine said...

I might have to put everything else down for a while Kaye - the ship is bigger than I thought!

Justine said...

Thanks Annette - I haven't frogged (yet)!

Justine said...

Thanks. I am sticking with the blues for now...will see how it looks when I've finished the rest.

Justine said...

Thanks Ingrid.