Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Happy Dancing!

May I present a finish?

Lizzie*Kate
27 count Northern Cross linen
Mix of Sampler, WDW and DMC threads
Started 23rd September 2013
Finished 16th October 2013

I am really pleased with how this turned out. I'm thinking of finishing bell-pull style. It's going to be a present for my mum but I might stitch it again for myself!

A little progress on the Tall Ship Niagara...

More brown than blue...

I was really struggling with this one until a fellow stitcher (Jan from the Thread Garden) asked me why and got me thinking. I decided the problem was that the chart was hard to follow and it was difficult to see which bit I was working on. I've now highlighted the parts I've stitched and am going much quicker. Thanks Jan!

No progress on anything else I'm afraid. Two very long days with travelling for work have put paid to that!

Until next time

Justine

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog. :) I enjoyed looking at yours too. Your LK finish looks great and I am looking forward to watching your progress on Tall Ship Niagara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the adorable finish Justine. I really need to get that chart. Great progress on the ship.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish. I like highlighting as I go:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish on the LK design :) I highlight too... but never think of photocopying the original chart first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish and lovely work on the ship. I use colouring pencils to colour in as I go.

    ReplyDelete