Monday, 7 October 2013

Cut Thru SAL Monday

Dear friends

It is the night of the Cut Thru SAL, and I am already in bed on the iPad at 9.30pm!

A quote from one of my all-time favourite books: "The needle was just too heavy" tonight. Hopefully I won't suffer the same fate as the speaker though!

Do you ever have those evenings? All day at work I have been day dreaming about stitching tonight, and by the time I sat down I wasn't in the mood to stitch more than a few lengths.

So a little bit of progress on the Bothy Threads Cut Thru NPH...

Green stripy wallpaper anyone?

I've just started the white background

And an almost finish on We're Not Gossiping. I think I will be happy dancing this week!

Definitely needs a date with the iron!

I booked my tickets last week for the Harrogate Needlecraft fair in November. I went for the first time last year and it was fantastic. So inspiring! I have booked a workshop "Machine Stitch a Seasonal Placemat" as I am thinking of asking Santa for a sewing machine for Christmas. I would love to be able to make ornaments as I have seen lots of bloggers do.

Until next time, hope the stitchy bug is with you all.

Justine

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just need an early night - one night last week I was asleep by 7.30! (I did have a sore throat and a chesty cold)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're feeling better now Kaye.

      Delete
  2. Both are looking good Justine. A few stitches are better than none. You'll get more done next Monday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I was hoping to get this done in time for Christmas but I think that's a bit unrealistic!

      Delete
  3. Early night? Good for you:) I am a firm believer that every stitch counts.
    We're not gossiping looks GREAT! See the colors of blues on the "W" do look wonderful. Hope you get to do your happy dance this week.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette. Little steps eh? The blues actually look better on that photo than they do in real life! I am still undecided whether to frog or not...

      Delete
  4. Everything looks great. Every stitch is progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Bothy Threads charts. We're Not Gossiping looks great and what a cute saying. Hope Santa brings you a sewing machine!! He brought me one last year and I am still learning but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your progress! I barely started on my North Pole House. We're Not Gossiping looks great!

    ReplyDelete