Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Bothy Threads SAL progress and a couple of little finishes!

Welcome to new readers and thank you for following my new blog.  I'm excited to share some progress with you!

First off, the first stitches on my Bothy Threads Cut Thru North Pole House.  This is part of a SAL organised by Debbie and Linda, stitched on Monday nights.  I think I worked on it just about every night except for Monday this week.  Mostly due to the fact that I got my days muddled up and thought yesterday was Monday.  Anyway, I'm really pleased with how much I managed to do to start...

it doesn't look much without the backstitch

I had a couple of little finishes this week too.  Both of these projects are free kits that came with Cross Stitcher magazine, which is a UK magazine I subscribe to.  The card is for a friend who is having a rough time at the moment, and the cute parrot bookmark was quickly snapped up by C!  He is a keen reader so I am sure it will be well used.



While on the subject of the boys, I was quite sad last week when C told me that he thought the 3 cross-stitch pictures on his bedroom walls were too babyish for him.  I stitched them all when I was pregnant with him.  I can't take photos now as he is fast asleep in there but I have to agree that they are a bit babyish and also a bit girly as I didn't find out that I was having a boy until he was born!

So the hunt was on for me to find something a bit more boyish, and I found this Pixel Pals chart on etsy...can you guess who it is? Clue: 3 of the team are missing!

And then D wanted in on the action so I had to start one for him....(this one's a bit harder to guess I think as the figure on the right is only a third stitched!)

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do with 2 Somebunny pictures and a cute Noah's Ark sampler I'd be very grateful.  I don't plan to have any more children!

Until next time

Justine

8 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Wow, Justine! You have done so much on North Pole House already! What a great start! I added your pic to the SAL page: http://debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com/p/bothy-threads-cut-thru-sal.html

I love the Pixel People charts and have a few myself. I stitched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for my son and started Star Wars (your second one for D). I recognize Scooby and Shaggy on the other one! Your boys will love them.

SoCal Debbie said...

You could donate the Somebunny pics to World of Charity Stitching. Then someone will sew them onto a pillow or a tote bag or they can be added to a quilt. They make these for seniors and kids in a domestic violence shelter and Ronald McDonald House.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WOCS/?yguid=95312652
http://worldofcharitystitching.blogspot.com/

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely card & bookmark. I love your Scoobidoo start & Star Wars, the boys will love these!

Linda said...

Awesome start on NPH Justine. It looks great. Adorable cards and bookmark. I love your new starts.

Linda

Justine said...

The Pixel People are really fun to stitch aren't they? I'm really enjoying NPH!

Justine said...

What a lovely idea - thank you.

Justine said...

Thank you - the Pixel People are a really fun stitch.

Justine said...

Thanks Linda - I'm on a stitching mission this week!