Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Bothy Threads and a new start

Hello again and thanks for stopping by.  I've had a busy week on the stitching front.  D started school today and I've been really worrying about it, and the only thing that seems to calm my nerves is stitching!  So I have been doing lots once the boys are in bed of an evening.

I've been mainly concentrating on the Bothy Threads Cut Thru North Pole House I started last week.  I'm really enjoying this but I'm going to put it down this week otherwise my blog is going to be very boring!  I have only ever really had one project on the go at once so it feels a bit wrong to start something new, almost like I'm cheating on the Bothy Threads kit!

Anyway, here's my progress for this week...

...can you see the elf yet?

I'm really enjoying this stitch.

I'm itching to try one of the Lizzie Kate kits I got the other week...I think it will have to be the "Be naughty" one as the weather has definitely changed in the UK and Christmas feels like it's on its way!

Now I have lots of new stitching friends,can I ask you whether you work on a frame/hoop and if so which one(s)?  I have tried to get along with frames but always end up just holding the fabric.  I'm thinking of doing a BIG cross stitch though from Scarlet Quince and not sure I would be able to hold that much fabric in one hand!  The kit I am thinking of doing is this one....

I do love tea!

Until next time

Justine

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful chart WOW.. A great start. You have made wonderful progress on your Cut Thru.

    I do use a hoop or qsnaps. It depends. I do have a lap stand with a frame for my really large projects. I can't stitch without one, well for the back stitching I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress in the cut thru. Looking forward to seeing you new start. I usually use either a hoop for small things but I much prefer using my qsnaps if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Great progress Justine. I think you have already passed me up.

    I only stitch in hand. Even on big projects. I have tried hoops and Q-snaps, but its easier for me in hand.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're flying along on the North Pole House! I have stitched the elf on mine but nothing else.

    I like to use Q-snaps in different sizes with a Q-snap huggie. Then I can roll up the extra fabric and tuck it in. The SQ chart is lovely. Will you stitch on 18 ct? Even if it is 15"x21", you don't need Q-snaps that big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on the wip! I always use a hoop when I stitch. I also have a stand with frame for larger projects but can't seem to get on with it & always come back to my hoop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not using a hoop or frame with my Bothy as it is more comfortable for me with this size of fabric. With a bigger piece I would use a hoop or frame. Great progress. Have you nearly finished your first page? I love your choice for a SQ pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching, I love these designs (:

    ReplyDelete