Wednesday, 25 September 2013

A not very hermitty post

Well hello there and welcome to my very own Hermit and Stitch Afternoon.

I tried to take part in my first IHSW last weekend but things didn't go to plan.

First there was this...lots of fiddly backstitch!


And then we had a family party at our house on Sunday following the convalidation of our marriage!
Hubby and I were married 7 years ago in a local hotel.  Since then we have both started attending church regularly and I have converted to become a Catholic like hubby and our sons.  So having our marriage recognised by the church was very special.

Anyway, the weekend left me feeling quite exhausted, so on top of a very busy week at work, I decided a new start was just the thing!

isn't this pretty?

I am stitching this for my Mum.  When I ring home, my Dad answers the phone with the words "Do you want your Mum?"  We are regularly on the phone for an hour or more in an evening.  We only live around 45 minutes away but it's a bit too far to pop round for a cup of tea!

Speaking of cups of tea, I went to my LNS this morning, the famous Black Sheep Wools.  Anyone who has ever been to a UK needlecraft show will probably have seen their enormous stall with cross stitch bargains and their famous yarn dive.  They have finally opened a tea shop, the aptly named Tea Bags Full, where I treated myself to a lovely cuppa this morning.

the mismatched china is so pretty!

Don't forget if you want to be entered into the draw for this travelling Lizzie*Kate pattern, let me know before midday GMT tomorrow.  Good luck!

Until next time

Justine

9 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

The backstitching looks fantastic! I am starting this one too!

Marcy said...

You just had an extended weekend ;) The back stitching makes it pop!

Linda said...

NPH looks fantastic Justine. The backstitching sure makes a difference.

Linda

Justine said...

I will hate that horrible little elf forever...just wait till you get to back stitch him! Grrrrr!

Justine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justine said...

Thanks for stopping by Marcy

Justine said...

I'm trying to keep up with it as I go along but it's so detailed!

Annette-California said...

Hi! I just found your blog. You left a comment on mine, that's how I found you. I love your blog and this post is wonderful. You talk and enjoy every minute with your mom that will allow. I love the tea shop you described. Are you in England? Great design your stitching for Bothy Threads Cut thru SAL. love Annette

Justine said...

Hi Annette and thanks for stopping by. I love your blog, it's so pretty. I am indeed in England, in the North West between Liverpool and Manchester. I think American cross stitch designs are so much better and I love American blogs. Hope you come and visit again soon!